thanks guys, i'm getting REALLY impatient waiting on this damn drill to charge..but while i'm waiting i'm trying to decide what i want to cover the box in...at this point i'm thinking either bed liner or just paint as i've never wrapped anything before.

everytime i needed to use my cordless drill it was almost dead cause i always forgot to charge it

so i got me a corded dewalt drill for $20 from a co worker :drink40:

you could stain the birch.. thats what im doing with my box

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

thanks guys, i'm getting REALLY impatient waiting on this damn drill to charge..but while i'm waiting i'm trying to decide what i want to cover the box in...at this point i'm thinking either bed liner or just paint as i've never wrapped anything before.

everytime i needed to use my cordless drill it was almost dead cause i always forgot to charge it

staining actually sounds like a pretty good idea..i'm not sure how it would look with the interior of my explorer though

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

staining actually sounds like a pretty good idea..i'm not sure how it would look with the interior of my explorer though

yea my tahoe has wordgrain on the doors and dash so it matches

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

yea my tahoe has wordgrain on the doors and dash so it matches

i've got the normal like dark grey interior that's on most explorers lol

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

Build in Progress

Okay, box is ALMOST done, I need to know what kind of screws to use for birch to put the baffle on..here's what it'll look like, personally it's one of my favorite looking boxes I've built, plan on covering it in Bedliner tomorrow, paint the port Maroonish to match the explorer

afd44715.jpg

a40704f1.jpg

Battery fits perfectly, now I just need a good spot to mount the amp... :peepwall:

Build in Progress

Paint it, carpet decreases dB, even if it's only a tenth of one, I know you want this build to hit high on the TL, unless you changed your goals after we talked.

And please take care of my baby, don't mount her (lmao) in an unsafe location.

Edited by Supercharged DCs

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Paint it, carpet decreases dB, even if it's only a tenth of one, I know you want this build to hit high on the TL, unless you changed your goals after we talked.

And please take care of my baby, don't mount her (lmao) in an unsafe location.

lol it definitely won't be carpeted, i don't know how to wrap carpet and don't really want to try it out right now, i'm gonna get paint on bedliner

Build in Progress

Bedliner FTW! I want to see how it turns out, still trying to figure out what I want to do with my box after I build it.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

What in gods name is wrong with you people? o_o. stain the ENTIRE box cherry, and not all carpets decrease dBs, some dont affect it, depends on thickness but its like .1dB loss tho?

Edited by SkylarDunn

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

got the box done today..when i went to home depot to get some spax screws (read a conversation n8 was having with someone about him needing more screws, so i figured they were good (which they are)) i saw some 99 cent cans of black spray paint and a ~$2 can of rustoleum in the same color as my car and said fuck it.

d6a54ef6.jpg

2a2bfe29.jpg

e98e017e.jpg

7da708ad.jpg

and after a 20 minute paint job it looks like that. The red is not obnoxiously bright like the camera makes it out to be, it's more of a maroonish red (color of the explorer).

Build in Progress