Just curious bro but in that video it looks like your left(When looking into the truck) sub is not hitting?

in the first video he say's that there is only one sub hooked up, due to the other having a bad coil.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

yes in one of the videos the left sub was not hitting the terminal cup had loosened up and then it melted the coil in the sub is fine just a bad connection, that is not a custom box i wanna make one but i am not making one to fit the trunk of my current car due to wanting something different so i am not to sure on the box idea, the wiring i know is not a anywhere near what it should be to look nice or anything but alot of my time that i could be fixing ti up is spent actually watching my son, my power wire is ran through the door jam simply because when i ought the wire it was the dead of winter so i was not getting down into/under the car to drill a hole big enough to run that through the firewall, as to the the giant welcome sign on the rear window i have not even had anybody ask me whats in the car so i am not a hundred percent worried about it the car came with a slightly upgraded factory alarm and even if it is broken into i have serial numbers and receipts stashed away at home and my insurance would cover anything being stolen thank you guys for the comments if i missed anybodys question please pm me or just repost thanks once again jerry

lovin the build man and for the wiring job i understand not bein able to do it cause u gotta watch ur kid heres a thought when i was doing the wiring jobs on my friends cars i took my daughter with me and she "helped me do it"n shes only 1 and a half that way i could keep an eye on her while i was doing the wiring jobs

Not trying to be an ass, but why do you think this should even be considered for SOTM? There isn't one thing clean about this install. I understand we all start somewhere, but it's not even close to SOTM. Did you seriously put a fart can muffler on a Taurus? :No:

TDH FTW !!!

Thats whats up man congrats on the son and the build. Just a suggestion but some cable ties can make wiring look a lot neater than what meets the eye. Liking the all Rockford though. Its always good to start out and learn/experiment before moving to higher end equipment. Nice work and keep up the pics

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

yeah looks like a good start but like posted before clean up the work and wiring. Especially that power wire running through the door. Your going to burn all your shit down if your not careful. Find a place to run it through the firewall all you need is to borrow a drill with a big enough bit, a grommet and a friend to help you run it.

i know the wiring is no neat i know that the way the power wire is ran is not neat/safe i figured well what the hell i might as well try. i have tried to clean it up but i just got a new job that pushes me 13 hours a day so i am at work from 9 am to 10 pm and trying to work and clean it up is not very fun when the misquito festival started just after memorial day and wont end until just after labor day so i am not standing outside to rerun wires and get eaten thanks for the props to those of you making suggestions and not just bashing it ...................and yes i did as a matter of fact put a dragon fire rocket exhaust on my taurus and it sounds sick as hell :nea:<_<

Archived