Sonic Electronix

So I've lurked for far too long and today broke down and made a SMD account...

I've got decent knowledge of car audio, or I'd like to think I do anyways. Have always had the dream of making a 'beat down your block' system. I've had the normal 2x10" type r's, some old 15" MA audio pieces of junk and an even older audiobahn 12". Built a couple boxes which have turned out alright. Recently I've decided to go big. I'm a little confined on space. (Drive a 1999 extended cab f150) But I've measured it all out and if i take out the back seats im working with about 16ft^3. Now, my question is, what do i run? Been looking at some AA havoc 18" and some fi bl 18"s. Not really rolling in money like it seems some of you are but I've saved enough here or there and i think i can finally start piecing together something nice! :clapping: What would you guys recommend? Also, Working on profile and pic. Will come soon.

Glad to be on board!

-Travis

1999 4.6L F-150

Slower than S-L-O-W

pioneer mids

HFI100.4(mids)

18" DC lvl 4

Kicker zx1000

Welcome to the board man, glad you made an account. What kind of power do you plan to put on the subwoofers? That will help in choosing a pair :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

no room in an ext cab? you have the WHOLE bed.. :drink40:

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Welcome to the board man, glad you made an account. What kind of power do you plan to put on the subwoofers? That will help in choosing a pair :)

Yeah, it was time. Haha. Well, I'm pretty open at this point. I'm not really looking to upgrade my alt. If im not mistaken I've seen people run 2-3k rms on stock 130amp alts. With big 3 + extra batt(s). But again, Like my original post stated, I've got some knowledge to gain. But some where in there.

1999 4.6L F-150

Slower than S-L-O-W

pioneer mids

HFI100.4(mids)

18" DC lvl 4

Kicker zx1000

What kind of a budget do you have to work with?

Yeah I'm pretty set on 18". I want that deep bass :good: I've got about $2k saved up. But I've wanted this for a while so i could possible tap a liiiiittle into the savings :)

1999 4.6L F-150

Slower than S-L-O-W

pioneer mids

HFI100.4(mids)

18" DC lvl 4

Kicker zx1000