Second Skin Audio

Got my new box

Built a new box the other day, first I ever built so it wasn't Perfect but I am happy with it. It is supposed to be tuned to 32 Hz but I accidently made part of the port a bit bigger than it was supposed to so it is probably around 32.6 or so. My question is, I am only running 50 Watts on my 2 10's, 25 to each, and when I play higher bass, I get really big excursion. To the point that I can see my surround starting to wrinkle. My concern is that when I get my T500.1bdCP that playing anything high will damage my subs. Anyone got any input on this?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

its far from your tuning so its gonna work more. but your box may be wrong. give your box specs and i'll map it out when i get a chance

h x w x d external and your port dimensions. width x height and then your port length. Then i can tell you what if anything is wrong with your enclosure. Also what subs?

16x16x30 L D W, 3 common port walls so its a L slot, 2.5 wide on bottom, but its about 2.75 on the side. should be 28 long, one sub inverted one sub normal. JBL GT1000d are the subs. I am amazed though at how hard it hits for 25w to each sub, I have songs that shake my steering column and speedometer lol.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

bump

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

bump

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I have pics of the box being put together, waiting on my brother to let me use his camera to get more of it now that it is finihsed.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I would like to bump this as I checked my box, and can confirm it is 16x16x30 with 28 in of port length, with 3 common port walls making it s a L slot port with the depth of the box. It is 2.75 in untill I hit the bottom of the port where it is 2.5 in. I had the subs as .1 displacement, one inverted one normal. It has a small 45 on the inside of the port, and all corners involving the port where sanded down to create a round over edge, along with that I sanded the entire inside of the box to make it as soft as I possibly could.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm