Problems with wireless router interm.

Router is Belkin N600 DB.

Problem is with loosing connection with my slim 360. (wireless)

My 2 laptops work fine, always connected. PS3 doesn't have this problem either I believe.

My connection from router to xbox is almost always at full signal and sometimes loses a bar. But lately my Xbox has been freezing in middle of online game cause I lose Xbox Live. Literally, just Xbox Live. When I test connection the Xbox connects to router, then internet, but fails at connecting to Xbox Live. I restart just the router from comp and problem seems to go away. I'm not smart when it comes to getting the router in sync with Xbox with things like NAT type, IP, etc.. I do have an open NAT type though. The DMZ is set with same IP as Xbox is if that matters. BTW, I restored factory settings on 360 for network and it worked but started doing it again. Automatic settings on Xbox cause me to lose Live, Manual settings cause me to lose Live sometimes...

Thanks for any help. I've unplugged modem, router a few times in the past and problems come back after awhile. I've had this Xbox since middle March.

Derp.

Router is Belkin N600 DB.

Problem is with loosing connection with my slim 360. (wireless)

My 2 laptops work fine, always connected. PS3 doesn't have this problem either I believe.

My connection from router to xbox is almost always at full signal and sometimes loses a bar. But lately my Xbox has been freezing in middle of online game cause I lose Xbox Live. Literally, just Xbox Live. When I test connection the Xbox connects to router, then internet, but fails at connecting to Xbox Live. I restart just the router from comp and problem seems to go away. I'm not smart when it comes to getting the router in sync with Xbox with things like NAT type, IP, etc.. I do have an open NAT type though. The DMZ is set with same IP as Xbox is if that matters. BTW, I restored factory settings on 360 for network and it worked but started doing it again. Automatic settings on Xbox cause me to lose Live, Manual settings cause me to lose Live sometimes...

Thanks for any help. I've unplugged modem, router a few times in the past and problems come back after awhile. I've had this Xbox since middle March.

Just a case of pointing fingers, some say it's an XBL issue and others say it is a Belkin issue:

You can read this: http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3817/~/adding-a-microsoft-xbox-to-your-router-network

OR MS issues here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/troubleshoot/connection-issues/default.aspx

When I used to play MLG gaming with Gamebattles, our clans never used wireless connections. Direct connect is the best for gameplay for XBL. No lags, drops, or time outs. I would just try to update the firmware of your router if they have a newer .bin file out.

Lastest firmware listed for your router was March 2011 link here.

http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4875/~/f7d8302-play-n600-wireless-dual-band-n-router---firmware

Edited by xStatezOfMindZx

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

I had a problem with mine and was the outside line that was at fault, try use the phone and some times that works for me to get the signal back. it seems like you might need to upgrade the box as the steaming of games can cause this. there is so many variables to the cause of the problem.

best bet is if you know some one who works on this kind of thing every day, get them to have a look at it

6F12AARZFX.jpg

I had same exact problem. Same router. 2 weeks after the router just took a dump and we bought a new one. My Xbox would work off mmy phones internet and hardwired just not that router When I couldn't connect my Xbox I just bought a modem off eBay and hardwired it to the Xbox.

• 1 month later...