Requiem for a Dream

Nope they can actually turned down to blend well with the sub at regular listening levels. You know what they say about assuming 8)

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

you know whats funny is that statement makes no sense. why would you turn your mids and highs down to match your sub?

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

You do realize that part of SQ is that it all blends together right?? Thus requiring the mids and highs to be tuned according to match to a blending point with the substage. My statement makes perfect sense.

lol no I have no clue what sq is at all. I'm starting to wonder if you do, your sub should not even be able to be pointed out. it should all sound like it's coming from your midbass drivers

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Actually nothing should be able to be pointed out. With correct staging, imaging, and time correction as well as processing and equalization nothing should be able to be pinpointed. You should be immersed in the sound so that it sounds as if it's all around you. I do not have a true SQ system. It would be defined as SQL, and when I demo, I like it loud, all of it, for daily listening, I tend to like a lower level of volume. I simply swap my profiles on my head unit and already have everything tuned to my desire. Being able to store 6 different settings has it's advantages,and I use them to their fullest. I have one purely for demoing, one for daily driving, one for when I'mm driving and would like it a little louder than usual, one when I'm not in the mood for a substage at all and would like the mids to pick up a little more, etc.

well if you want to play like that then... .

you should be able to point out EVERYTHING as if standing in front of a liver performance. you should be able to tell where every single instrument is at while the song is playing. The main focus is directly in front of you but if there is a noise that the artist made that should be behind you you should be able to tell it's behind you. I've sat in cars where the music spun around your head when it needed to

mcintoshsigz.png

Technically speaking yes, as far as the instruments and sounds goes. But each speaker (what I was referring to and should have clarified, that's my mistake) should all blend together and essentially give you a 3D effect where you hear the sound as one, but are able to accurately tell what each instrument is, and where it is, yes that is correct. There is no true science to SQ, everyone will have their own tastes, but there are the general rules of thumb, a few of which we have brushed on.

Point is though, SQ aspect aside. My statement was correct in that I "tone" down my mids/highs to accomodate to a different listening experience.

I strictly would like a bass enhanced version for demoing, that is all I said. In that aspect the song IS lacking IMO. It's all a matter of taste. But when demoing, I and many others like to demo more of the bass than the mids/highs, or vice versa. It's no different than the bass enhanced version of "In the Air Tonight" which always draws a crowd because it's a song that so many recognize, but with the enhanced bass it's a completely new experience and people tend to like it. I feel the same about "Requiem for a Dream/Tower".

Like I stated in the beginning, it was my opinion, not me stating a fact, but stating a preference.

Got to love the random SQ arguments every now and then. Very insightful into yalls ideas of what a SQ system is supposed to be. I've never heard one myself :(

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

SQ is very hard to do, as much of it is preference and everybody's taste are going to differ. My dad and I quit doing SQ comps once it quit being about the music and more about the show factor. I was a young boy then, but that is what fueled my love for car audio. I learned A LOT at a very young age, yet I still learn more each day.

If you ever get the opportunity to do so, take it! A properly done SQ vehicle will amaze you. Especially with songs that you THOUGHT you knew. You will hear them in a whole new way.

If you ever get the opportunity to do so, take it! A properly done SQ vehicle will amaze you. Especially with songs that you THOUGHT you knew. You will hear them in a whole new way.

i hear this statement a lot. it intrigues me very much so. i wish to hear a good SQ vehicle one day

Archived