Second Skin Audio

More Bandpass Questions; New question post #52

This shouldn't be a pissing match guys. Put out the info you know, but keep it civil. Kay Thanks.

Its good that there is so much info being put into this. I can do ported designs with my eyes closed, but I am a complete NooB when it comes to 4th orders.

I think inverted may be better, FOR ME, in this case, because the sub is getting a lot of power and it is my first go 'round with a bandpass. Don't want to smoke a lvl 5.

Alpine: I'm not really looking for "that extra .5 db" as somebody said, but on music, would regular be louder to the ear than inverted?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

This shouldn't be a pissing match guys. Put out the info you know, but keep it civil. Kay Thanks.

Its good that there is so much info being put into this. I can do ported designs with my eyes closed, but I am a complete NooB when it comes to 4th orders.

I think inverted may be better, FOR ME, in this case, because the sub is getting a lot of power and it is my first go 'round with a bandpass. Don't want to smoke a lvl 5.

Alpine: I'm not really looking for "that extra .5 db" as somebody said, but on music, would regular be louder to the ear than inverted?

I love 4th order threads, one of these days i will figure out how to build one!

yes and no if your a dbing a 152 inverted then gain a db to a 153 not inverted ya you can hear the differnce if your going form a 144 to 145db no you cant hear a differnce lol

its been stated and shown both will work but you just said your worried about blowing you lvl 5 so inverted it is

and for your second drawing we tested the sealed box pointed in every way on every wall and found in that car that way worked best and was loudest

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

this is for a lvl 5 12 right?

id like to see somebody try my design =].

sealed section on pass side, ported section on driver side, port on driver side firing forward.

sealed = .8 cubes, ported = 1.8 cubes, tuned to 48hz. (sub inverted, firing toward pass side)

(i should have my lvl 5 12 by the end of the month) :peepwall:

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Mine is inverted ill swap it around and re meter

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Meh, by .3

Ok.

I didnt calc for sub displacment anyway..lol

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived