Explorer Dual Alt Kit----Pics inside

Yeah, we had to custom fab mine to keep the ac... Did you have to move the power steering resovoir? If so, one thing I learned the HARD WAY is that the hose for power steering resovoir looks like it is long enough to move it to a new location, however, under the pump, the hose will kink and it ended up blowing the seal on my power steering pump

you must have the 4.0-sohc explorer and yes you do have 2move the power steering resovoir on that one--i have the 4.0-ohv explorer and i just had 2move my batt i just turned it sideways, i would like to see your dual alt setup on your explorer with the 4.0-sohc.

okay so heres the pics you emailed my. it looks like a good kit. if i get this ill prolly just keep my d6500 on the passenger side and put the overflow and washer fluid in the stock batt location.

HPIM0774.jpg

HPIM0776.jpg

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

what are you doing about wiring the second alt in? is it just as simple as tapping into the matching wires on the stock alternator?

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

the belt i got was 2short but i will get a new one saturday,, the 2alt is wired in to the 1-one with MLA in line so i get 15.5v--15.7v with it and the first one has a MLA on it but i only get 14.9v-15.3v on it.. yall let me no what yall think of the dual alt setup. i have made 3more of them up just in case someone needs one..

• 2 months later...