The DC audio lvl 5s Civic Build

Oh and I forgot, figured out a box after talking with a few people, Ray helping a ton. Im going to try the large box ray suggested, then ill try a smaller box at some point and see which the 5s like more. Heres the box specs in the calc:

Mostrecentbigboxlvl5225CF.png

Ill make a google sketchup later for it and post it too. It will be double baffled as you see and ill have PLENTY of port. :drink40:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a 91 lb package in the mail. Any guesses what it is?

There may be a box in the works this weekend btw. :peepwall: maybe even progress on the doors.

You bastard, you got your Lv 5 12 :(

I want my woofas...

Pics and videos now! I want to see the sexy sub!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Nope, just my blowup Jessica Beil doll. Pics coming shortly. :popcorn::pardon:

So I go to my car the other day and my driver side rear tire was flat. It had sat for a couple days so I figured there was a small leak. I decided, since I was on my way to work, id fill her up and see how slow shes leaking. Well I drove the half hour it takes me to get to work and the tire was fine. Filled it to about 40ish PSI and it had only dropped to 38. So I figured I had a slow leak and id take it to the shop the next day to get it patched. Come out of work the next morning after a 13 hour shift to find the tire deflated again overnight. :Doh: So I fill her back up and go by plaza tire. Talk to them there to see if theyll patch her up, or if they even can. Lets just say it wasnt patchable. Heres the reason:

11%2525209%25253A19%25253A13%252520PM.jpg

11%2525209%25253A18%25253A46%252520PM.jpg

Thats the inside wall of the tire, which I couldnt see. These tired came on the wheels and this was the only one like that. All the tires being mismatched didnt help. This is why there are cracks in the sidewall:

11%2525209%25253A19%25253A32%252520PM.jpg

:lol: Theres no sidewall left. It looks like the previous owner drove on this tire while it was flat at somepoint destroying the sidewall. So long story short I talked to the guy about tires...for 1 he'd do $180ish dollars without tax and shit and $640ish for all 4 without tax and stems. I told him I get dealer pricing from the local dealer that buys these tires from them, and that id buy them from him if he could give me a better price. He gave me a price of $142 and some change for the single tire and $580 for all four. I told him id do the single tire unless he could talk to the manager and cut me a hell of a deal on the four, since I have mismatching tires, but 3 of them are still good (ones wearing a tad on the inside, the other two match and are damn near brand new). He comes back with this deal:

All four tires for $450. He threw in valve stems, balancing, labor for free. He also gave me a lifetime warranty on the tires with 2 year roadside assistance. The $450 included tax. These arent pirellis, but they're falken ZIEX 915s iirc. Pretty decent tire, very grippy right now. Only bad thing I heard is that tread wear, although stated 60k miles, they say its more like 25k miles. I guess we'll see.

So all new tired and kept the three good ones, but sadly this pushes the build back further. I have some audio equipment coming and am putting the T1000bd up for sale to see if I cant get MOAR POWA. Probably have a CDA-9887 on its way soon, along with a Clarion EQS746. Should make my highs amp A LOT louder considering at max volume my current H/U's preouts hit like barely 1 volt.......

I tested some iphone RCA outs and it puts out like .4v. Quality h/u is quality. <_<

Archived