tonedeaf Posted July 29, 2011 Author Report Posted July 29, 2011 Any suggestions on where to mount the highs amp? Was thinking about making a panel over the battery or maybe a rack for the right side where the xovers are. I wont need those once I go active, but I could just mount those somwhere towards the front maybe or make room for them on the amp panel? Im not too sure yet.
DudeWith4x4 Posted July 29, 2011 Report Posted July 29, 2011 I'd mount it in the side of your trunk. That carbonfiber cap is sexy. Box looks great. -Ross Project Layla Truck: 99' F-150 Gathering things for my next build. SoloX18 build: http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460 RE T-line build: http://www.stevemead...-between-build/
tonedeaf Posted July 30, 2011 Author Report Posted July 30, 2011 So I keep forgetting to make videos...im considering flipping the box facing the trunk until I get the time to seal her off. Shes unloading on a few songs on the low ass notes and I think loading against something would help. The trunk flex im getting is REDICULOUS for something not even facing it, so my trunk might fall off, idk. I just know im losing alot of pressure with it just staying in the trunk. Not to mention I havent plugged the air vent in the trunk yet...anyone had any experience with this? Does it help? Im currently not happy with the low lows, but I guess its only 1 12"...how low can I really expect it to go on maybe 1500ish watts (seeing as I dont have a voltmeter up front yet, so im not sure what she drops to at full tilt. Safe to say I probably need a new alt before I up the power too much, which may be in the works. Any other options on helping with unloading, other than dont play below tuning, lmk. Gave probably 10 demos at work and had a couple plug their ears and one bailout. I sadly cant get a video with my phone while playing music from it, so it may be time to burn a fuckton of cds. Ive got a 720 HD VC at home I can use, just need to find the time. Heres a question for you guys ive always wondered. My HU is putting out like 1v at the preouts at max volume. Maybe up to 1.4v iirc. Will going up to say 4v preouts make it that much louder, or just reduce the amplification needed from the amp? As in, am I getting more power with higher pre outs, or does it just amplify that 1v preout several more times over to make it as loud as 4v preouts? Just curious, as my HU is a POS and I cant wait to get a 9887 or eclipse in here, but im not sure if that would really make it louder or cleaner persay. Sad thing is, I said id run just this single lvl 5 for now and do the doors...but after one day of it playing...im ready for the second one. Louder please.
Dylank811 Posted July 30, 2011 Report Posted July 30, 2011 Dude, I love this. Great job! And I lol'ed at your Civic tag hanging. Accomplishment 1 achieved. 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
tonedeaf Posted July 30, 2011 Author Report Posted July 30, 2011 Yeah I was considering that Matt. Just shove a board in there against the outside wall of the port, right? Theres only a couple songs she was unloading on. One of them was a bigpimpin let my beat pound, low note and the c&s decaf put on. Lol. So I know they're way below tuning, but I figured with such a big box tuned to about 34 hz on paper the f3 should be low enough I could hit those notes. Of course they're probably in the lower 20s, so I guess I can't complain too much. I'll try a plug in the near future and may raise tw subsonic a tad.
tonedeaf Posted July 30, 2011 Author Report Posted July 30, 2011 Dude, I love this. Great job! And I lol'ed at your Civic tag hanging. Accomplishment 1 achieved. Thanks dude, always love the feedback. I saw it and just laughed my ass off. Good shot when stuff starts breaking. You know your getting loud.
matt402 Posted July 31, 2011 Report Posted July 31, 2011 yep, thats what id try. u dont have to make it permanent either, just use a couple clamps on the front opening or maybe make a "J" shape & have it fit snug around the outer port wall...? (kinda hard to explain what im thinking, just kinda a hook shape around the box... )
ChillMasterWill Posted July 31, 2011 Report Posted July 31, 2011 coming along nicely William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator, Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader 99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder" Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE! 2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion 2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined 4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...
fecupe2001 Posted August 1, 2011 Report Posted August 1, 2011 Very nice man, love the dust cap, still waiting for some vids!!! I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.