I had a chance to pull parts off a mint 2.4 L TSX engine the other day, and for those who don't know, the motor is basically identical to the 2.4 in the Honda Accord. The TSX has a bigger Intake manifold and different gaskets, injectors, ect. but basically the parts are interchangeable. So for 100 bucks I scored the entire intake manifold, all the P2R thermal gaskets and a P2R throttle body spacer.

I'd love to install the spacer, its red, and will probably increase air flow slightly, and even if it doesn't, I like the whistle noise it makes. The problem i've run into, however, is that installing a 3/4'' TB spacer moves the throttle body upwards 3/4 of an inch, and my K/N CAI has no where to go. So I think the only option I really have here is to cut (I know it sounds stupid) about 3/4" off the bottom of the K/N pipe.

It sucks to cut up something you just paid for but I don't really see other options. The K/N CAI is made for the car with its TB at stock position. What do you guys think? Would you cut your IM for a TB spacer?

(BTW, on this particular engine, the addition of the P2R spacer and two thermal gaskets yields a 4 HP gain on the dyno, which is incredible for a 20 dollar mod, so if your gonna say "don't waste your time its not worth it", dont, lol)

Don't waste your time it's not worth it.

:peepwall::lol:

Where does the pipe not fit? I think chopping 3/4" wouldn't be an issue but depending on what your issue is you could possibly tweak other things in the way, or if there are couplers used, replace one with a differently-angled coupler to give yourself the clearance. Just a couple thoughts.

Too many projects, too little time...

OI know on my truck they say that the K&N will not work iwth a throttle body spacer.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 weeks later...

i got an airaid cold air kit and a spacer and my truck i dong know how many ponys i got out of this 400$ investment but it feels a lot more torqey on the bottom end like from 1500 to 2500 rpms. And the spacer gave it a nice lil wine to the truck too. but its you money i liked it dosen't mean youll like it.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ROCKFORDlogo.jpg

I dont see the trimming as much of a problem. As for dyno numbers. They are so easy to manipulate. But for thr money you spent why not try it? It should reapond better

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

Getting a throttle body apacer is going to increase the velocity of air going into ur intake manifold which will decrease the time it takes for the a/f ratio to enter the combustion chamber. Cutting material off the intake system shudnt be a problem, the throttle body spacer will. Replace that 3/4 chopp. Also give u better fuel economy and a slight increase in torque. Dont bother adding an intake or tbs unless u have an aftermarket exhaust system. U have to match increase intake u if u dont u will loose power due to exhaust gas restricion leaving the cylinders

Fuck warning points.