Excellent description there csill420. +1^

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Getting a throttle body apacer is going to increase the velocity of air going into ur intake manifold which will decrease the time it takes for the a/f ratio to enter the combustion chamber. Cutting material off the intake system shudnt be a problem, the throttle body spacer will. Replace that 3/4 chopp. Also give u better fuel economy and a slight increase in torque. Dont bother adding an intake or tbs unless u have an aftermarket exhaust system. U have to match increase intake u if u dont u will loose power due to exhaust gas restricion leaving the cylinders

Yup, same take I have on this scenario. I know a lot of kids who put full Cold Air kit in their vehicles with factory manifolds and exhaust systems. Yeah, it gives it a little more "VROOOM", but the performance gain is about 1/4 of what it is if you did the same modification on a system with all aftermarket Exhaust components.

Headers, High-Flow Cat and High-Flow Mufflers would make the whole setup run well...

Edit: I got side tracked with the Intake.

But, Throttle Body Spacers do work, although I think many manufacturers "Over estimate" the gains. I think actual horsepower is minimal, but response and torque go up. I did some work on a friends car. Lil' 3.2 V6 and it made a significant difference in his "Take-Off" time... But once you were on the move, it didn't feel any different.

Edited by PandorasCustoms

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

Getting a throttle body apacer is going to increase the velocity of air going into ur intake manifold which will decrease the time it takes for the a/f ratio to enter the combustion chamber. Cutting material off the intake system shudnt be a problem, the throttle body spacer will. Replace that 3/4 chopp. Also give u better fuel economy and a slight increase in torque. Dont bother adding an intake or tbs unless u have an aftermarket exhaust system. U have to match increase intake u if u dont u will loose power due to exhaust gas restricion leaving the cylinders

Yup, same take I have on this scenario. I know a lot of kids who put full Cold Air kit in their vehicles with factory manifolds and exhaust systems. Yeah, it gives it a little more "VROOOM", but the performance gain is about 1/4 of what it is if you did the same modification on a system with all aftermarket Exhaust components.

Headers, High-Flow Cat and High-Flow Mufflers would make the whole setup run well...

Edit: I got side tracked with the Intake.

But, Throttle Body Spacers do work, although I think many manufacturers "Over estimate" the gains. I think actual horsepower is minimal, but response and torque go up. I did some work on a friends car. Lil' 3.2 V6 and it made a significant difference in his "Take-Off" time... But once you were on the move, it didn't feel any different.

exelent points ^^^^^^

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ROCKFORDlogo.jpg

Look into that 4hp gain. It will be like the 20hp gain that air intakes claim: somewhere in the paperwork it will have a disclaimer that says custom efi tune required to make peak HP increase. This being said a good tuner can get more than 4hp out of a completely stock vehicle by changing fuel curves and timing, you can even do this yourself with a little research and EFI Live software. I have purchased TB Spacers in the past and have liked the look and the cool sound that they make when the air rushes thru them but they are a novelty item in the performance world.

Like you said earlier, you've done it and it didn't make much of a difference. You like it cause it was red and it looks cool and all that really matters is you are happy with your investment. If you are still running stock exhaust you will see a big increase from the intake system once you get all that extra air moving thru the engine.

When you are done look into a custom fuel map, it sounds expensive when you first look at it but you will bring all your mods together and get the HP gains you are expecting once it is seeing the right A/F and ignition timing.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint