Second Skin Audio

how to find displacement

how do you figure out the displacement of your subs and how do you tune a box with aeros? can you do it with torres? if so, how do you do it?

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

I would refer to owners manual for sub displacement..if you do not have the owners manual I am sure it is on the manufactures website or you can directly email them and they will send it to you.

Or

You could provide us w/ precise model of your subs and we could look into it for you.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

Displacement of a sub-woofer can be pretty closely estimated by calculating the volume of a "Frustum"....

image1.gif

image14.gif

Getting into the tuning frequency gets slightly more complicated. But, I do think Torres's calculator accounts for all of that. I have never used it personally, but I know many others have.

Edited by PandorasCustoms

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

Yes you can do it with Torres, every company I know of has the displacement amounts of every one of their woofers..its common sense

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

site manufacturers usually have the displacements of their subs on their site. and yes you can use my calculator to tune with aero ports. it's the # of aero ports along with the diameter and length :) the height and width boxes stay empty as they're for slot ports

so to calculate displacement frm a sub its different every time depends on the sub and manufacturer how about box rise is there just a single equation to do that

most subs are different, but are generally around the same amount. REFER TO MANUFACTURER FOR PRECISE INFO ON SUB DISPLACEMENT.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

for box rise:

you need an AC clamp meter and a dmm. You will need to measure the AC voltage output going to each of your subs or if they're bridged just the wires going into the amp. Once you get the AC voltage you will need to find the AC current. You do this by clamping the negative wire going to the set of speakers. I'll give you an example.

You clamp your wire and get 38.6 amps of current

You probe the + & - wires and get 61.7 volts

Next you would take the 61.7 volts and multiply the 38.6 by it to find your MAX power which would be 2381 watts

Next to find out your impedence rise you would divide the voltage 61.7 by the amperage 38.6 which would be 1.59 ohms

So if you were to have a nominal or starting resistance of .5 ohms you would have a rise of 1.09 ohms, but would have an overall reactive load of 1.59 ohms

forget who i copied that from, but i have it saved on my PC

Edited by Torres