Sonic Electronix

hey guys please help me out lol i change my mind every 5 minutes and thought id need to ask for opinions.. i currently have 2 kicker cvr's on a alpine 1000 watt in my truck right now..

i have a Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D and 2 RE SX 15's in my room waiting.. im buying a 15" Rockford HX2 tomorrow in a ported box, and gonna take out the RF sub ( after i use it for a bith ) and swap my RE into it..untill i sell the kickers and my 10" type r to buy a ported box for both 15's... ANYWAYS my questions are, could i wire my hifonics BRZ2400.1 to 4ohms on my SINGLE 15" RE SX DVC 2 ohm sub? i think it does like 900rms@4 ohms, and 1700rms@ 2 ohms.. so id like to use my new amp that is still packaged lol, bass knob for the win. also im wondering will a single 15" RE SX or a single 15" Rockford Hx2 out-slam my 2 kicker cvr's on 1000 watts?

thanks guys!

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

Don't have the tools.. Haven't done it before, me and a buddy tried and failed so I want one built and wrapped so it looks clean not crappy lol

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Bushwacker fender flares

hey guys please help me out lol i change my mind every 5 minutes and thought id need to ask for opinions.. i currently have 2 kicker cvr's on a alpine 1000 watt in my truck right now..

i have a Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D and 2 RE SX 15's in my room waiting.. im buying a 15" Rockford HX2 tomorrow in a ported box, and gonna take out the RF sub ( after i use it for a bith ) and swap my RE into it..untill i sell the kickers and my 10" type r to buy a ported box for both 15's... ANYWAYS my questions are, could i wire my hifonics BRZ2400.1 to 4ohms on my SINGLE 15" RE SX DVC 2 ohm sub? i think it does like 900rms@4 ohms, and 1700rms@ 2 ohms.. so id like to use my new amp that is still packaged lol, bass knob for the win. also im wondering will a single 15" RE SX or a single 15" Rockford Hx2 out-slam my 2 kicker cvr's on 1000 watts?

thanks guys!

yes you can wire the amp to 4 ohms, wire the sub in series, that is you jump the positive from one coil to the negative on the other coil, then just run the other negative and positive straight to the amp. imo in the proper enclosure either 15's will most likely get louder than the 2 cvr's.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

prefab = fail ... seriously take a good 30 minutes on the forum read and take your time, the amount difference between a pre-fab and a self built one is infinite. not to mention when you look at the box and say you built it ... so what if it has blemishes ... just gives people proof its not a pre-fab !!

I'll have the box custom built,

Bushwacker fender flares

Good decision, prefab sucks most of times :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I can agree with the prefab fails, I used to have a 1.8 cu sealed box for my 2 jbl 10's on a mtx amp putting 425 watts at 4 ohms. I built a new box tuned to 32 Hz, that amp blew so now I am running a alpine that puts out 50 watts, lol. And it hits harder now than it did before.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Usually places like Lowes or Home Depot will precut the wood for you if you ask them nicely. Just give them dimensions, cut a set of holes for the sub cutouts, & go to work, just use some good wood glue & some screws, let dry, and bingo. :yahoo:

POTATO!

Archived