so looking at going to college this fall but idk what to pick , im leaning to Collision repair but there is also auto repair and masonry that are in my mind

VS THREAD! :peepwall:

In all seriousness, I'd say stick with general auto repair. Half the time there's a collision, the person(s) involved don't have insurance, therefore you're out a ton of cash because someone's too ignorant to be responsible for their own actions.

POTATO!

whatever you pick, also consider trying to get a job doing it. all of those are very experience-heavy positions where it will be difficult to find a job or career right out of school unless you know someone. I took collision, but now I'm having a hard time finding a job because I moved to another state and don't have 5+ years experience. Id probably choose auto repair if I did it over, mainly because you can always become a quick lube tech and work your way up.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

There's probably more money and more demand for auto repair.

But if you're not in it for the dough, collision would be cool, especially if you want to go into custom designs.

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

im really leaning to collision i love doing that but the school im going to gets your jobs i talked to a kid who was getting ready to graduate and he said he got offered a 24$hr job right at home, and ive talked to out vw/audi/porche dealer and they said keep intouch for when i am ready to start working in either jobs but we'll see

Hey man, I'm a mechanic working for Ford, the money is not at all bad but it could be better of course. With that said, it's not a bad business to be in if you can find a job considering the competition, there are more mechanics that there are jobs. I have heard that masonary work is very lucrative though, I have a buddy who was making like $20 an hour just as an unskilled "hod carrier", so the money is obviously there for the skilled people. Either way, best of luck to you in whatever you choose.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

yeah the reason idk about repair and maintenance is because it isnt hard to do that stuff imo anyone can figure it out and construction is always good money imo again, im waiting for a call for doing welding starting at 12$hr and ive welded three times in my life, lol