Sonic Electronix

I am in the process of rewiring my subs to achieve a 1.3 ohm load as in the following picture.

3_2ohm_dvc_134ohm.gif

The picture shows that I would have two wires in the same terminal, one input and one ouput leading to the second and third sub. Can I use the other set of terminals for output instead of using the same ones?

I think the answer is yes, but I am not sure if it woud effect phase.

Do you mean have each sub going to a different terminal instead of having all of the subs wired together inside the box?

No, I will use one main input terminal. I had planned to disassemble one positive and one negative terminal on each sub. Then I will use crimp two eyelets to a short piece of wire and reassemble the pos and neg terminals with the short wire. That will make each sub 4 ohm and leave all 4 spring terminals available for use.

Then I had hoped to use the 4 empty spring loaded terminals to connect the subs together to creat 1.33 ohoms. I will try to draw a picture showing what I intend.

Adding a short piece of wire will not make each sub 4 ohms...

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I am in the process of rewiring my subs to achieve a 1.3 ohm load as in the following picture.

3_2ohm_dvc_134ohm.gif

The picture shows that I would have two wires in the same terminal, one input and one ouput leading to the second and third sub. Can I use the other set of terminals for output instead of using the same ones?

I think the answer is yes, but I am not sure if it woud effect phase.

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch Kicker makes a wiring wizard app that shows you how to wire them. I'm not sure if that will help or not. It's called Kicker U

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

1 Rockford Fosgate P3 12 inch subwoofer

Custom built ported box fit to specs of subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate P400.1 Amplifier

Rockford Fosgate Power 5x7

and 6x8

door speakers

Pioneer DEH-P4200UB Headunit

I'm still not quite sure what you meant, that wiring diagram is for 3 DVC 2 ohm subs if you have 3 DVC 4 ohm subs it will never wire to 1.33

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I'm still not quite sure what you meant, that wiring diagram is for 3 DVC 2 ohm subs if you have 3 DVC 4 ohm subs it will never wire to 1.33

I think what he means is: He has 3, DVC 2 ohm subs. He will wire each of the sub's voice coils in series so each of the 3 subs will act like a SVC 4 ohm sub, then he will wire each of the 3, 4 ohm loads in parallel to get 1.33 ohms.

i think what he is wondering is if he can do this....(half assed a pic)

1st example on the top would be like the pic he posted

2nd example would be what hes thinking of doing, witch WOULD WORK IMO

40914cc7.jpg

I thank everyone for racking their brains on my question. I am at work currently and cant upload photos to show what I meant. I attempted my idea and it didnt give me the proper impedance. In the end, I managed to wire it like the original picture, just had to trim the wires down to allow them to fit into the sub terminals. The end result was right at 1 ohm.

So, thanks everyone for your help.