Sundown Audio

Opinions...

littleitaly1990

dude are you really that stupid?

I just told you That I agree 100% with underpowering a sub will kill it, I didnt agree to a freaking thing he said about HIS woofer BLOWING up, I wasnt there I didnt see it in person, How could I agree or disagree with anything to do with his situation??

i feel like what youre saying is wrong tho if you dont clarify the inconsistencies say someone had a 2000 rms sub and was powering it with a 2500watt rms amp but only was playing the amp at maybe 60%. wouldnt he be underpowering the sub?

underpowering will kill a sub, and I said why it would, believe and do what you want, I was taught by a very reputable shop that is well known in the SQ world, I guess your calling them all dumb too.

ba-jesus guys...

clipped signal with to much or to little power = a messed up sub over time (or instantly)

clean signal with to little power = being stoopid because ur sub isnt seein its full potential

i feel like u all are saying the same thing...u guys are mods, take this to aim or something...now cant we get along?

i likes me some audio stuff...

Guest MegaloManiac

ba-jesus guys...

clipped signal with to much or to little power = a messed up sub over time (or instantly)

clean signal with to little power = being stoopid because ur sub isnt seein its full potential

i feel like u all are saying the same thing...u guys are mods, take this to aim or something...now cant we get along?

its a reasonable debate about audio & physics.

Underpowering a sub will not kill it, however i never said it would play at its potential(sq) either ;) but underpower clean signal wont kill it

ba-jesus guys...

i agree 100% with this statement but do you want your subs seeing its full potential all the time? what if youre sitting next to an old lady or a cop at a light? would you just be like cant turn it down ill blow my sub must keep it at full potential?

its a reasonable debate about audio & physics.

Underpowering a sub will not kill it, however i never said it would play at its potential(sq) either ;) but underpower clean signal wont kill it

its kinda moved from a debate to having both of ur blood pressures through the roof...i think this thread would have already been locked if it wasnt u two doin the arguing...imo

i likes me some audio stuff...

underpowering will kill a sub, and I said why it would, believe and do what you want, I was taught by a very reputable shop that is well known in the SQ world, I guess your calling them all dumb too.

honestly though the underpowering itself even by what you have said isnt the blowing factor, its once again clipping/user error, not the sole underpowering.

I'm just not understanding why your continuing to phrase it in a way that sounds like its ALL from underpowering when we all know its (you and I both) that it is indeed from clipping it because you wanted it to be louder.

I mean we can get the same thing out of all the new kids here who want to be like Mr. Meade and run craploads of power on them. Its not the power aalone that killed them it was stupidity/clipping/overexcursion/ the list goes on and on.

IMHO the same goes for underpowering as overpowering, if your smart with tuning etc, then there will be no problem.

Archived