If your just starting you might have a tough time in construction. There are a lot of experienced workers that are unemployed cause construction just isn't doing much right now. I don't mean to discourage you just tryin to be real. But if you get out there and go visit some construction sites ( im not sure what kind of construction you know) you can talk with the foreman or superintendent on site and let them know your looking for work. If you bug them enough they will remember you and theres a chance they will think of "that kid who kept bugging me" when it comes time to hire. That's the way it works a lot of times in my field (heavy equipment operator). Good luck bro!

2 topics out of being desperate i am hopping couch to couch right now i mean my toyota build log that people were helping me on is completely gone i had to sell it all off i have literally applied to every food/ store/ and helping position i could find .cause i figured getting a construction job would be hard and i am in a desperate time of need i graduated and everything and soon as i did me and my step dad got into a fight cause i was so happy and everything i bragged to my girlfriend about being first to ever graduate in my family and things went very downhill so i got the boot out of my home and lost all my stuff... and now i dont even have a place to stay not a pitty story and not looking for attention/someone to feel bad for me just looking for advice to get up and go.

Well like I said, go to jobsites and tell them you are willing to do anything, and you will work for cheap. Just keep applying anywhere and everywhere and something will come along.

Well if you are a carpenter, then you usually aren't going to know plumbing, or hvac. Or if your an iron worker, you most likely won't have any knowledge about runing heavy equipment. There's many different fields in construction, and most people don't "do it all" but rather focus on one field of expertise.

Edited by sprkn_ranger

• 3 weeks later...

Depend on what kinds of contruction work you're looking for. There are contruction workers who under the Labourer union and some isn't. I have done construction before and still do work sometimes. If you just started it will be difficult because you probabliy don't have a social networking into construction. You need safety boot, helmet, whmis, and etc. There all differentst kinds of construction work so good to have protetction on you. There alots of things i could tell you about contrustion field but just too much to type. Just depend what work you looking for???