Up until last week my pitbull puppy was a severe tugger (pulled my mom around on the leash). I had given up hope on him ever being properly leash trained without the help of a professional.

Decided I'd give this product a shot.

http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Prong-Training-Collar/dp/B000GDXHIS

A prong training collar. I was extremely skeptic of this collar at first but after reading about the collar I adjusted the links and put it on my dogs neck it was like I hit him with 20 hours of professional training. I opened the door to let him out and it was like a night and day difference. Normally I would be lead down the steps at his pace rather than mine, that completely changed with the collar. I was able to walk down the steps at my pace. I could zig zag through the yard and he was glued to my leg which is exactly what I was wanting.

With less than 2 hours of time spent wearing the collar over the past couple days I was able to let him out last night without a leash or the collar and he followed me around rather than wandering off.

Just thought i'd share this with everyone. Hopefully I don't get flamed because I view this collar as completely humane compared to the choker collar alternative.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

We use those as well. As long as you don't yank on the lead with that collar on the dog it is perfectly fine. It's at the point now that our dog will behave if we even bring the collar out.

Definitely do not yank on it, and do not use this if you're putting your dog outside by itself. Thats my goal, hopefully a few weeks of this collar and I'll start cutting back on it as long as his behavior stays the same.

[quote name=^_^ Gem132' timestamp='1308567680' post='1576720]

i dont get it, what does the collar do ?

When the dog pulls on the leash to drag you it pinches the dogs neck. I've read it improves behavior alot better than chokers because its a similar punishment as what the mother dog would give (a bite on the neck). I also dislike chokers because most of the pitbulls i've owned would strangle themselves to death without even thinking twice about it.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

It like a choker collar, but it has like dull spiky things on the inside that get really irritating if pressure is applied. The dog will not want to tug on the leash at all when wearing one. After wearing one for a while the dog will break it's habit of tugging you around and you can switch them back to a normal collar.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

might have to invest in one of these for my gf, she wont walk her 2 american bulldogs cos the tugging

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

my sis has this exact collar...it doesn't do shit up against her pit mastif. maybe its different with puppies, but her dog won't care how hard that thing digs in.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

When the dog pulls on the leash to drag you it pinches the dogs neck. I've read it improves behavior alot better than chokers because its a similar punishment as what the mother dog would give (a bite on the neck). I also dislike chokers because most of the pitbulls i've owned would strangle themselves to death without even thinking twice about it.

x2...my pit doesnt give two shits about a damn choke collar.

my sis has this exact collar...it doesn't do shit up against her pit mastif. maybe its different with puppies, but her dog won't care how hard that thing digs in.

I also tried one of these pinch collars on my pit...no luck. She just doesn't care. She is the smartest most stubborn dog I have ever owned.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

our rottie could care less as well that bastard kept snapping chains so we ended up using an old car chain. great dog but way to strong and did not like chained up when I was gone.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I too have one of these collars and my pit still drags me around, works on all the other dogs i've had.

I've heard when they start draggin ur supposed to turn around and walk the opposite way and continue to do that every time they tug.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017