Sonic Electronix

(sorry if this is the wrong area)

Long time lurker, but figured I'd make an account and ask you guys for some help.

My town recently changed their local sound violation ordinance to "if you can hear it within 75 feet, then its ticketable." Today, I got pulled over and slapped a fat $120 ticket for a sound amplification violation. The thing is, I didn't even have my system very loud (2 12's, 500 watts (?)), but I was pulled over when going through one of my towns speed trap areas.

I'm sure someone on here has been able to fight a case and win, so I'm looking for some advice before I talk to our family lawyer. Is it possible to fight cases like these or should I just pay the $120?

Thanks guys!

Edited by Limeade

Just pay it, it will be way cheaper than a lawyer, and its not a moving violation so it shouldnt affect insurance in anyway.

Edited by Dan2427

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Just pay it, it will be way cheaper than a lawyer, and its not a moving violation so it shouldnt affect insurance in anyway.

Cool part is, in my area, its a criminal charge. W. T. F.

All the while, HDs roll around with loud pipes.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I'm not really worried as much about the ticket, as the fact that the law itself is unfair. Motorcycles, loud exhausts, even lawnmowers can be heard from the same distance or farther in some cases. I want to fight it along these grounds, but I'm not sure where to start. Would I be able to go anywhere with an argument along those lines?

just pay it you wont win. Been there tried that. I had a 250 dollar ticket when i was 16

You can hear a car door shut from 75 feet away sound from systems travels alot further than you think

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

t just pay it man in the bay area of Cali i got one last month and the law states that if you can me hear with in 50 feet then you get a ticket and i got one and got my little paper that says i have to pay 234 bucks man so my advice is just pay it and be great full you aren't in my situation 75 feet is way better than 50 feet man that cop should og got the :ban2: ban hammer cuz frm life suck ignorant cops in my neck if the woods all up tight dont give a :bull: all they want are to give tickets and be gay the least they could of done was give me a warning as it was first offense and educate me for the futer but i guess it go to show the times we live

My Build:Blazer Got Bass

HRbsD.png

I'm not really worried as much about the ticket, as the fact that the law itself is unfair. Motorcycles, loud exhausts, even lawnmowers can be heard from the same distance or farther in some cases. I want to fight it along these grounds, but I'm not sure where to start. Would I be able to go anywhere with an argument along those lines?

no that wont help you out any trying to do shitttttt like that. I can understand why motorcycles should be loud because some times thats the only way i know that they are beside me. We have the same motorcycle and loud vehicle exhaust laws where im from.

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Doubt it. You'll have a hard time proving they don't ticket those with loud exhausts, etc. The law's only fair when you have nothing to do with it.

no that wont help you out any trying to do shitttttt like that. I can understand why motorcycles should be loud because some times thats the only way i know that they are beside me. We have the same motorcycle and loud vehicle exhaust laws where im from.

So you're telling me that for your safety, you need to be heard blocks away?

Yeah, I'm going to call BS on that one.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Thats true it is unfair, motorcycles are what bother me the most, dont get me wrong I love motorcycles and the way they sound but they can be wrapping up the motors and flying by and never get looked at, hell when I ride my buddys rocket I meet cops at 75 80 and they dont even look but I'll do 64 in my truck and get pulled over, its like bikes are above the law, no need for helmet but its 120$ fine for no seat belt just shit like that

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!