Revised - Bass Burp Track soft clip soundwave

After being banned :drinks:, I wanted to revise the thread I started.

• I'm wanting to create a Bass Burp cd for extreme competitors.

- I also want to make it as loud of recordings as possible, but after the feedback I've received on this thread, it's preferred that the audio is clean, undistorted or unclipped, but as close to the 0db amplitude threshold as possible. So that when they compete, they can turn up their gain knobs (which is basically doing what I was doing in recording)as a last effort to squeeze any possible db over the competition. Now from what I understand, is that when you turn the gain up and the signal becomes clipped, the power output doubles, or peaks, resulting in a possible gain of 3db for a very short period of time. But from then on the system is playing at peak power, and if the gain was raised any higher, there would be no gain in db output since the system is already playing at its maximum and there's no more headroom for it to peak further. (The sound reinforcement handbook By Gary Davis, Gary D. Davis, Ralph Jones, Yamaha International Corporation, p.203)

- With that being said, there's room for bass tones to be a bit louder. So as an example I have created a preview of what one of the tracks I am making for a bass burp cd. It starts with an intro countdown of 3 seconds and a 1 sec bass burp of 40hz(that is plot analyzed at +2db, soft clipped) with a fade in fade out, and the remainder is silence up to 10 sec. so that it doesn't immediately jump to the next track while at full volume:

http://soundcloud.com/rocktownspl/40hz-outlaw/download

You can find this as well as other experimental tracks on: http://soundcloud.com/rocktownspl/sets/experimental/

Old Thread

Sup guys, I'm working on a new set of louder tones and sweeps and have a few available for testing. I am wondering if any of you are able to notice a difference in volume levels, whether or not your sound system is playing louder based on the recorded material. I have the original versions available and the custom versions. If you do a test in audacity, you will see all red, and what would appear to be a square wave. But, this is a wave by unconventional means, and not the usual way that you would create a square wave in audacity, which would unfortunately have other unavoidable frequencies in its band.

Through my testing in audacity and how I created the frequencies, I have been able to achieve higher levels of recorded or digitally created sound above 0db. I have tested it in the car and on a Polk DX Series 12" woofer and have noticed a louder than before level of sound. But, I'm curious what some of you would gather after testing them:

Now you can't do this with any music because it will be heavily clipped or distorted, but a bass wave will be clipped and result into a square wave of it's given frequencies.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Yes, these are clipped. If you "Plot Analyze" you will see that some may go like 30db above 0db. I'd recommend testing these at low volume first before you go full blast on it.

I created these as an idea for a burp cd.

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

from what i can tell theres a bunch of harmonic distortion going on and uber square waveforms... straight dc on the test tone/sweeps besides the slight switch between each note

quake you are correct that the amp will make more "power," but power of the worst kind. there is a reason people strive for clean sine wave music, our amps/subs can play it and the speaker cools itself much better. they cannot play square waves for long at all because the heat created is redunkulous since its peak to peak with nothing between

convert the aiff format to mp3 and watch it on WMP, you will not see anything but straight dc

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

if decaf doesnt approve, no one will use it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i know the time it takes to create this stuff, and i commend you on that. but u cannot be offering this stuff if you arent aware what the consequences are playing direct current

test tone @40hz with dc waveform. this is what batteries produce

untitledclippy.jpg

song with hella highs clipping... see how the highs ride the clipped bass waveform?

clippy2.jpg

sweep with dc and what looks like some harmonics distortion going on also

clipp3.jpg

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

The amps aren't going to make more power, because it's a dead given. Now you could achieve more volume with the power that you have, if you are able to achieve a higher volume of recorded material. I knew that sweeps and music wouldn't do well with this method, but I tested it anyways, but a straight bass track or tones with nothing else would work fine. So I'd be only recommending this to the extreme competitors that already replace subs when burping. That DC wave that you showed illustrates that it's not exactly a square wave, so there's a little bit of curve on both ends of the peaks but not much.

I do want to say that the other sounds that a person would hear from playing the 40hz tone, would be the sounds of the coil constantly switching "+" and "-", and not in the 40hz tone itself.

Once again for extreme competitors only, lol.

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Archived