Sonic Electronix

To say clipping isn't the cause of ruined subs is like saying guns don't kill people, the bullets shot out of a gun kill people.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

av

To say clipping isn't the cause of ruined subs is like saying guns don't kill people, the bullets shot out of a gun kill people.

And just like a gun, in many situations a certain degree of clipping is alright, and even needed(Source). Like I said, a half truth at best. Here is an explanation of clipping if anyone is interested.

I actually heard from a shop that people don't make 18s anymore because of the size of the box it needs. Was awhile ago. Hate going to that shop with buddys.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I actually heard from a shop that people don't make 18s anymore because of the size of the box it needs. Was awhile ago. Hate going to that shop with buddys.

this is actully true (not about the box being to big) but in the early 2000's almost all competion org's had 18's in extreme classes and the majority of people back then that ran 18's were in comps only so there was like only 1 or 2 compaines that made 18's there was no market for them then 18's cam back to comp and a lot of people were running them now even daily cars are useing 18's but for a time 18's were not being made by almost nobody

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

i didnt read all 5 pages so if its been said ill say it again

myth! subs need a break in period

I dont know some subs need alittle breaking in example I have heard the dc level 6 12 need to break in cause they are so stiff and they start smelling.

thats because they did not have enuff power for that massive sub... a sub cools its self from moving if its barly moving its barly cooling its self give me a lvl 6 and it will be moving from peak to peak out the gate i would also feed it like 14k tho

WHAT?!

is there something i said you don't understand????

if i feed xl's a 12k wy wouldnt i put 14k on a lvl 6? lol

this is actully true (not about the box being to big) but in the early 2000's almost all competion org's had 18's in extreme classes and the majority of people back then that ran 18's were in comps only so there was like only 1 or 2 compaines that made 18's there was no market for them then 18's cam back to comp and a lot of people were running them now even daily cars are useing 18's but for a time 18's were not being made by almost nobody

That's interesting to know. And he didn't say anything to what you said. I wanted to see what he would say and he word for word said what I said earlier. This was back in 09 or 10.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

i didnt read all 5 pages so if its been said ill say it again

myth! subs need a break in period

I dont know some subs need alittle breaking in example I have heard the dc level 6 12 need to break in cause they are so stiff and they start smelling.

thats because they did not have enuff power for that massive sub... a sub cools its self from moving if its barly moving its barly cooling its self give me a lvl 6 and it will be moving from peak to peak out the gate i would also feed it like 14k tho

WHAT?!

is there something i said you don't understand????

if i feed xl's a 12k wy wouldnt i put 14k on a lvl 6? lol

Damn that's a lot of power, I figured it was a misprint haha. That power is for burping?

Carpet around a box absorbs sound and lessin's spl

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

That's interesting to know. And he didn't say anything to what you said. I wanted to see what he would say and he word for word said what I said earlier. This was back in 09 or 10.

he could be still stuck in the 90's and not up to date lol

Archived