Second Skin Audio

Slot or aero?

I was going to make a slot port box for my 15" DC XL but the lowest I can tune to is around 32-33hz after displacement and all. I would like to go lower to around 28-29hz but I can't find a way to do it with aeroports. The biggest box dimensions I can do is 18" tall, 34" wide, and 22" deep. When using the box calculator I find that my box is not deep enough to get a low enough tuning unless I use *for example* a 6" port at around 12" long. I do not know how much port area I need when using aeroports or pretty much anything about them but I bet a single 6" port would be shitty, I could be completely wrong though. If someone could figure out a way I can use them with my box size please enlighten me!

why do you want to tune so low?

^ this?

32hz will still dig down low and still pick up mid 40s to 50s also

^^

32hz is what my box is tuned to for my Fi Q15 and I would not tune it ANY lower personally. You will start to lose a lot of output on the higher bass notes.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

why do you want to tune so low?

^ this?

32hz will still dig down low and still pick up mid 40s to 50s also

Meh I was just wanting to see what a low tuned system would do. My current system made someone bail out *he was a bitch though* on the first low note playing a slowed version of Gucci Mane/Juiceman - I Cook and its a entry level system in a prefab box tuned to around 35hz. Seeing what I have pushing lows that hard just peaked my interests in the low-end. Anyone can get loud on higher notes, I just love moving air hahaha. However, if 32hz will do great lows I guess I'll stick to my slot to save money and hassle.

32hz is what my box is tuned to for my Fi Q15 and I would not tune it ANY lower personally. You will start to lose a lot of output on the higher bass notes.

Me and some friends enjoy the low notes but everyone else I know likes the party/crunk songs that usually have fast beats and high notes so I guess 32hz would be a happy medium for me and my un-sober passengers.

Yeah man you'll still be able to belt out the lows like no other. I can play decaf all day just fine and flex the shit out of my car lol, but still sound good with rock/fast paced music.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

Yeah man you'll still be able to belt out the lows like no other. I can play decaf all day just fine and flex the shit out of my car lol, but still sound good with rock/fast paced music.

Alright well thank you and everyone else for their input. 32hz slot port it is!

My box is a 32Hz tuned slot port and I cannot be more happier, hit the lows really nicely, except the really low 20's but I can pretty much play anything and everything.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm