Sundown Audio

PISSED but maybe I shouldn't be.. Help me out

jconnway

Long story short, I bought a Soundstream Rubicon 2.600 from some company on eBay for a ridiculous good price. I dealt with the company once before for a tarantula series amp and it worked great and the customer was super happy.

Anyway this rubicon was for me. But I get a phone call today from some guy saying that there was an inventory mistake or something and they don't have any more 2.600. In place of that amp, he offered me a Soundstream Picasso 2.580.

Here's the thing. Of course, as a salesman, dude talked up the Picasso like it was a huge upgrade over the rubi and he tried to throw out some stats on my like I would be impressed by it's harmonic distortion percentage versus the other amp. Whatever, he was doing his job.

But what's made me upset is that upon visiting the soundstream website, it appears that the rubi is actually the better amp. In basically every way, including appearance. What do you think I should do?

Let it slide and accept the Picasso that's comming? Or call up this guy tomorrow and tell him the deals off. I'm really torn on this one.

Some specs just for comparison:

Rubi - 2 x 300 @ 2 ohms

10-35000htz

Picasso - 2 x 290 @ 2 ohms

10-20000htz

The amp will be powering 4 6.75 mids.

try and get your money back. but dont attack the guy over the phone. kindness goes a good ways. unless hes a dick about it.

^^ What he said. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean anything by it other than just telling the guy, hey the rubi is what I wanted and I don't really like the picasso, so please cancel the order/refund the money.

Edited by Lbox88

try and get your money back. but dont attack the guy over the phone. kindness goes a good ways. unless hes a dick about it.

He was chill and so was I. But why you say that? Am I right, the rubi is better? Lol that sooo annoying haha

if the specs really do indicate that the one you wanted was better, then dont lowball yourself. im no expert on the whole acoustical/electrical aspect, so i cant speak on the specs personally. but as i said, just calm him up and have a calm conversation and let him know that you dont really want that amp, and you can send it back if its already been sent out and you just want your money back.

Get a refund. It's not what you wanted..

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

Get a refund the Picasso line is the cheaper line they also don't do rated get you a Rubicon somewhere else lol.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol