HR 2306: Federally end prohibition

Would you like to see this bill passed?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this bill passed?

about 4 years ago, a car of young teens who were smoking weed were coming down the highway, and crossed into oncomin traffic. they collided headon with a small car, killing one of the passengers on the vehicle they hit, which caused 3 more cars to crash into them.

ive seen a friend trade sexual favors for ounces of weeds.

How many people do drink drivers kill per year?

And that friend would probably trade sexual favors for other things as well.

about 4 years ago, a car of young teens who were smoking weed were coming down the highway, and crossed into oncomin traffic. they collided headon with a small car, killing one of the passengers on the vehicle they hit, which caused 3 more cars to crash into them.

That the reason while he called friend.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

. Marijuana isnt a mind control drug and doesnt cause dependency. Theres no place in the body that produces THC so it doesnt distort the levels to gain dependency in the body like other pain meds and drugs. My .02 cents

Sorry Liftedsilverado, THC or o vew cannabinoids are produced in the human body here link.

And MJ-addiction is mindaddiction/smokeaddiction, MJ didn´t produce a bodily addiction.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_the_human_body_naturally_produce_THC

You may want to re-research or just know your facts. Thc is not a molecule in the human gene pool it has not natural make up in the human body. Scientests BELiVE there are chemicals SIMILAR but actual THC produced in the human body would be a miracle. Theres is nothing in marijuana that will cause your body to produce less levels of the natural production in the brain(this is what causes addiction to begin with). I.E lets say ecstasy which has chemicals in it that ARE naturally produced in the brain, by taking it you brain stops producing as much over time because its being introduced into the body at levels where it "tricks" if you will, the mind into believeing there is enough produced already and stops producing. This is why when people stop takin these drugs the become sick, agressive, moody because that part ofthe brain has lowered its natural production. There are no chemicals in marijuana that will cause the brain to stop producing it naturally. Hope this helps a bit

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

So it somehow makes it ok? I will always fail to see the logic in that defense. It's ok someone died from DUInfluence, because more people die from drunk drivers. This is so lacking!

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Lifted...you use almost every word in the language to define "dependent" but try to say its not. It is possible for people to become addicted to marijuana, and if you use it to relax...guess what...you're DEPENDING on it to do that for you.

Meh, whatever, it won't change anything whether they do or don't.

I'm honestly sick o hearing about it. Mainly because a few million people who are addicted to doing some illegal want it to be legal so they don't have to worry about getting in trouble or it.

Thats not really the case, marijuana is used for multiple thing not just getting high. Ropes, paper, clothes, helps nausia, eating disorders, and symptoms of cancer and treatments. Its not a bunch of people wearing tie dye toting bongs around with red eyes. Its doctors, business men and women, maybe even your neighbors

no wonder doctors charge so much. They are freaking pot heads, and are probably smoking the most high dollar shit you can get. Do you want a dope smoking doctor working on you? I dont. I wonder it that might have something to do with the high rate of doctor errors in the US, many of which result in death.

and i guess thats why certain jobs still would be illegal to smoke it...

military/cops/firefighters/doctors

people like that... I dont care what they smoke off the job, while on the job they cant have any in their system....

And therein lies another issue. THC stores in the fat cells, and can be detectable for up to 11 weeks. How is an employer supposed to know the weed was smoked last night on personal time, and not on the clock? Or right before work? Or on lunch? Truth is, most of the time you can't tell. This would seriously jeopardize the safety of coworkers, civilians, and any unfortunate to be around such reckless behavior. But you know...everyone is still worried about drinking, lol.

Being smarter than 70% of Americans means nothing the average IQ of America is 98. that is legally retarded. And if you need to know senior year (2007) I was tested to have a 170 IQ, so I would say yes that is higher than most of americans

Having an IQ score of 170 doesn't make you smarter than most Americans, that puts you in the top 10 or so of everyone, ever. Saying a score of 170 is higher than most Americans is like saying a top fuel dragster goes faster in the 1/4 mile than most street cars.

And 70 is the highest you can be and still be considered retarded.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

If people let government decide which foods they eat and medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

~Thomas Jefferson

Issue:

The issue is the Cannabis being illegal in the United States; with it being illegal it includes both Hemp and Marijuana, both of them being extremely beneficial and useful for people. The cause for it being illegal is the fact that the majority of people do not understand the positive effects of Cannabis. Hemp is an inexpensive and high yield crop that can increase the efficiency of land used for agriculture. “Hemp is one of the faster growing biomasses known, producing up to 25 tons of dry matter per hectare per year. (Potseed, 2011)

What Cannabis is:

• Definition of Cannabis: (Webster, 2011)

o hemp

o any of the preparations (as marijuana or hashish) or chemicals (as THC) that are derived from the hemp and are psychoactive

o The Cannabis genus has hundreds of strains with varying levels of THC. Cannabis is not necessarily a high THC strain used as a psychoactive controlled substance

• Definition of Hemp: (Webster, 2011)

o a tall widely cultivated Asian herb (Cannabis sativa of the family Cannabaceae, the hemp family) that has a tough bast fiber used especially for cordage and that is often separated into a tall loosely branched species (C. sativa) and a low-growing densely branched species (C. indica)

o the fiber of hemp

o A psychoactive drug (as marijuana or hashish) from hemp, Hemp is frequently (and legally) transported into the United States in the form of textiles, clothing, and beauty care products. (Potseed, 2011)

• Definition of Marijuana: (Webster, 2011)

o the dried leaves and flowering tops of the pistillate hemp plant that yield THC and are smoked in cigarettes for their intoxicating effect

o Also a controlled substance by Federal Law

Cannabis by definition is a plant that people grow to smoke or consume in one fashion or another, from smoking to baking it. Cannabis is the most widely used illicit substance in the world according the United Nations. It has been used for recreational, religious or spiritual, and medicinal purposes for thousands of years. (UNODC, 2010)

Difference between Hemp and Marijuana

Marijuana and hemp are different varieties of the same species of plant, Cannabis sativa L. There are different varieties of Cannabis, just as Chihuahuas and wolves are different breeds of Canis lupus. They are scientifically different and cultivated in different ways.

Marijuana is the flowering tops and leaves of psychoactive varieties of Cannabis that are grown for their high THC content. Unlike hemp, marijuana has a high THC content and a low CBD (cannabidiol) content. (Russo, 2007) CBD blocks the psychoactive effect of THC in the nervous system. That means in all plants in the Cannabis family, there is a chemical that will induce a psychoactive effect and another that will block it.

Hemp is a cultivated, low-THC variety of Cannabis. It is grown for its seeds, oil and fiber. Industrial hemp has a low THC content compared to its CBD content. THC is typically less than 1 percent. (Russo, 2007)

Uses of Hemp (Hemp Usa)

• Fabrics

o Grows well without herbicides, fungicides, or pesticides.

o More Effective at blocking the Sun’s rays

o Same as Cotton can be made into a variety of fabrics.

o It can displace the use of cotton

• Biodegradable Industrial Products

o Substitute for Fiberglass

o Oil can be made into Resin

• Biomass

o More Biomass per acre then other crops

o Both Seed and Fiber can be used.

• Replace for wood products

o It can be used to make density fiberboards, stronger and lighter then wood

o Yields three to eight tons of fiber per acre, four times as much as a forest

• Paper

o Resists decomposition

o Doesn’t yellow with age

o Can be recycled more times than wood-based paper

• Body Care Products

o Cosmetics

o Shampoos and hair conditions, lotions, massage oils, salves, soaps, sunscreen

• Per Foods

o Protein for a variety of animals

 From dogs and cats to cows and horses to birds and chickens

• Detergent

o Naturally biodegradable in water systems

o Less harm to environment

• Art supplies

o Paper

o Oil for painting

• Food Products

o Second only to Soybeans as a source of complete vegetable protein.

o Doesn’t have to be cooked or fermented to be digestible

o Seeds contain all eight essential amino acids required by humans.

o Use to relieve pre-menstrual syndrome and extreme symptoms of menopause

o Some of the other benefits of having all these Essential Fatty Acids in the diet include an increased metabolism, lower cholesterol, better digestion, general vigor, improved skin and hair condition, and a boosted immune system.

Uses of Marijuana (Binelli, 2010)

• Medical

o Alzheimer’s Disease

o Lung Cancer and Chronic obstructive pulmonary Disease

o Breast Cancer

o Brain Cancer

o Opioid Dependence

o Spasticity in multiple sclerosis

o Nausea, appetite loss, pain and anxiety

o Low impact and natural chemistry on patient

o Lower incidents of suicidal reactions

o Appetite improvement

o Eyesight improvement

o Pain relief

• Recreational

o Same as Tobacco or Alcohol

Impact on the Environment

• Pesticide use could be controlled, errant trash disposal could minimize, and public lands would be better protected—it would erase the need for reckless guerrilla farming.

• Farmers would be able to plant in areas better suited for agriculture, and would disrupt fewer forest habitats as a result.

• A whole new set of regulations could be imposed to monitor the grow centers and ensure they observed agriculture laws.

Impact on the Economy

• Marijuana is one of America’s top-selling agricultural product

• New tax revenue could help the States and Federal Governments Budgets

• Would save billions of dollars annually by reducing law enforcement costs.

o Both the FBI and US Mexico Border Security

• Would reduce the amount of arrests and people in prison

o Saving billions on the cost of housing them and upkeep

o Prison population would decrease

If you wish to see my sources feel free to ask, This is from my graduate project I did for a class. I can give you mountains of data both for and against (not as much against, extremely hard to find, tend to repeat the same argument over and over without facts or data)

Archived