so me and my buddy were talking a little bit ago and it was a normal conversation until we start talking about sounds. he swears by jl audio and im anti jl audio ive heard it and i dont like ive heard it in my car and others and still dont care for it. he goes on and on about all these patents and blah blah blah im like dude seriously i hate them and u will not change my opinion about it in my eyes you can get alot better equipment for alot less money. and if it was so great and so loud then why dont everybody run it then he goes on and on ill find this grand prix i did with a jl w7 10 that would be louder then the 2 sx 12s the older style that i had in my car im like dude i find that hard to believe. then hes like well lets do a build off ill buy 3 jl w3s and a jl500/1 and it will out do anything you had in ur car so im like dude really im not gonna even start with you about this shit u dont wanna get me started on building something like that i dont have the time and im not gonna waste my money on some garbage in my eyes yea its all jus mine and his opinion about equipment in my eyes with jl all u par for is the name sorry every body i jus had to vent a little bit what is your opinion on jl audio am i right or am i wrong

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

JL is way overpriced and there is much better stuff out there!!! I used to love beating the crap out of the jl faithful back in the day with bostwick subs. The look on there faces were priceless!!

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

since your subs are ''sitting on the work bench'' and your amp is ''coming soon'' I'm putting my money on him <_<

but seriously if he had a good box he could very well be louder than you it all depends. Jl is very good, people are just to cheap to pay for it.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

since your subs are ''sitting on the work bench'' and your amp is ''coming soon'' I'm putting my money on him <_<

but seriously if he had a good box he could very well be louder than you it all depends. Jl is very good, people are just to cheap to pay for it.

and that xcatly what i told him i said yea it would be lol i have nothing in my car the sx were in 6 or 7 cubes tuned around 34 hz or so internally braced and all it was hitting good anyone that sat in it didnt think i had 2 12s they thought it was 2 15s

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

JL is way overpriced and there is much better stuff out there!!! I used to love beating the crap out of the jl faithful back in the day with bostwick subs. The look on there faces were priceless!!

Bostwick was the shiznit. Are they still around? I used to work for a shop in the early 90s. Bostwick was one of our big sellers.

The only JL sub worth a damn is the W6-W7 line, they arent meant for output, they're made for sound quality, and for the price, they do the job, you guys arent SQ guys, so i wouldnt expect you to understand.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

The only JL sub worth a damn is the W6-W7 line, they arent meant for output, they're made for sound quality, and for the price, they do the job, you guys arent SQ guys, so i wouldnt expect you to understand.

the lower series and the amps are great, the only thing jl I won't touch are the mids and highs

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.