Sonic Electronix

So I've spent the last few weeks trying to get my head into the car audio world and holy shit is there a lot to learn..

I'm looking for some thoughts on what I'm planning to do.

I'm not looking at replacing any of speakers yet as I am quite surprisingly satisfied with how they sound for now, so I'm just looking to add a nice SQ sub in a sealed enclosure (probably build myself)

Been looking at this: Fi Q12

I'm curious about the options they have available. Looking over the tech pages for each feature they all seem very tempting, but I'm no expert obviously, so some thoughts on that would also be appreciated.

And this amp: Rockford Fosgate R1000-1D Prime Series

I've heard people recommending to upgrade "The Big 3", but I never see any gauge recommendations? Also planning on adding another battery as well as replacing stock one. Looking for recommendations on some good batteries.

Also, I'll also be adding sound deadening to my trunk and all of my doors and possibly the firewall. Depends on how much money I have left. Most likely from Second Skin.

Any other tips or comments are encouraged. As I said I'm just getting into this world, so please go easy on me if I've said something foolish or put together something that doesn't make sense.

Thank You!

Edited by Nums

Id suggest using 1/0 gauge for the big 3 upgrade! and use the search button! we all got to start somewhere but ive learned so much on this forum just by looking through threads. Ive also had good experiences with stinger batteries

Do you guys think I would need to upgrade my Alternator? After all, it is only 1000 RMS, but still.. And thanks for the gauges!

I forgot to mention what all this is going into!

2003 Camry XLE with JBL sound system upgrade, which actually isn't too bad. (I know a camry..its all I got though)

Also put a new HU in it a few weeks back, Pioneer AVH 3300-BT.

Id suggest using 1/0 gauge for the big 3 upgrade! and use the search button! we all got to start somewhere but ive learned so much on this forum just by looking through threads. Ive also had good experiences with stinger batteries

Thanks for the support and battery recommendation. I'll definitely look into them!

Edited by Nums

As far as doing the big 3, go as big as you can go. if you have 0 ga then great, if you only have 4 ga that will work as well in most applications.

fuses fuses fuses.

Prime amps are nice. They will do rated power.

Try and do everything at once. pull the car apart and do it all in one go and it will make life much easier.

Make sure all of your connections are solid. good grounds, properly crimped terminals, ETC.

Learn how to tune your equipment properly.

Put time and effort into your install. Dont just hook it up.

dont worry about another alternator. you will be fine!

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

Do you guys think I would need to upgrade my Alternator? After all, it is only 1000 RMS, but still.. And thanks for the gauges!

[/Quote]

you wont need an upgraded alt. just run the big 3 with some good wire(knukoncepts, stinger) and run 1/0 gauge to the amp and you will be fine...good grounds are key too

As far as doing the big 3, go as big as you can go. if you have 0 ga then great, if you only have 4 ga that will work as well in most applications.

fuses fuses fuses.

Prime amps are nice. They will do rated power.

Try and do everything at once. pull the car apart and do it all in one go and it will make life much easier.

Make sure all of your connections are solid. good grounds, properly crimped terminals, ETC.

Learn how to tune your equipment properly.

Put time and effort into your install. Dont just hook it up.

dont worry about another alternator. you will be fine!

you wont need an upgraded alt. just run the big 3 with some good wire(knukoncepts, stinger) and run 1/0 gauge to the amp and you will be fine...good grounds are key too

Thanks for the tips and recommedations!

Anyone have any thoughts on those features I mentioned for the Fi sub? Remember it will be in a sealed box.