Sonic Electronix

Yea, like I said I spent the last 3 weeks doing research. I didn't come here not knowing anything. I know the Fi Qs are supposed to be good SQ subs and have been recommended for Sealed Enclosures which from my understanding produces tighter bass. I'm not going for the high SPL.

Thanks for the link BJD3, but I've read all of that already here: https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154e04295948afb/shopdata/0070_Tech/0070_Speakers/0030_Tech.Q/product_overview.shopscript

I'm just trying to figure out if what they are saying will actually be of real benefit or if it is just marketing hype. Sorry for the confusion.

Wanted to take a second and thank everyone so far for helping me out with this!

Please keep the info coming. I can't get enough of it!

Edited by Nums

I don't like ported, so I figured maybe he didn't as well.

i understand if you lack the ability to make a ported box that sounds better all around then a sealed box...its ok though everyone doesnt HAVE to be on the cutting edge of getting the most out of everything.

I don't like ported, so I figured maybe he didn't as well.

i understand if you lack the ability to make a ported box that sounds better all around then a sealed box...its ok though everyone doesnt HAVE to be on the cutting edge of getting the most out of everything.

Granted I'm not the most skilled woodworker you'll ever meet, but I've got friends that can help me out with such problems.. I've just heard that a Sealed Box would be better suited for my SQ crave. If you care to explain yourself, I'd appreciate it.

I think a lot of people are under the impression that ported boxes dont sound good and are just made for output. If built correctly, you can make your ported box give you that SQ you crave, along with the extra output

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

I think a lot of people are under the impression that ported boxes dont sound good and are just made for output. If built correctly, you can make your ported box give you that SQ you crave, along with the extra output

Thank you.

a ported box can give you the same transient response as a sealed box...you just need to configure that box for what you are looking for...all the while you will have more output from that ported box then a sealed box.

I dunno about you but i like to have everything i can get out of my equipment...sealed does not do that. I prefer to use the front and backwave of my transducer (subwoofer)

a ported box can give you the same transient response as a sealed box...you just need to configure that box for what you are looking for...all the while you will have more output from that ported box then a sealed box.

I dunno about you but i like to have everything i can get out of my equipment...sealed does not do that. I prefer to use the front and backwave of my transducer (subwoofer)

Fair enough, I guess I'll have to take a look into it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Amp I'm looking at? I just picked it because of the same RMS rating as the sub and I've heard some good things about RF amps.

Go a/b power if your looking for clean sound

Ive been on a 4th order kick lately. I think its the best of both.

Very very "quick" and flat resp.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz