06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

I will for sure. I'm going to see about getting the headliner out of there soon. I understand it's a bitch to do. But if I can get it out then I can start getting it glassed up etc. Plus I can deaden under there while it's out.

Pics, I'll definitely take a ton of pics. It'll be well documented!

I'm liking the roof mount. Partly beacause it's more unusual, but mostly because the three completely different designs on the iPad, Bit One controller and the alpine front makes it look messy, imo. As you said, less is more sometimes.

I agree with everything you just said! A little busy and out of sorts.

I did just get a wrench thrown in though. Someone from another forum said they thought they remembered that there was like a max length you could extend the face plate. He thought like 3 - 3.5' That would make a difference cause I think it's like 4.5 - 5 feet from the glove box to the spot in the headliner cause of having to go around the windshield. So I'll have to get the unit out of my truck and solder it together and see if there are any bad effects cause of it. SO I guess I'll have to bench test this thing too.

dude......just FAMAZING!! love all the processors and distributions, and amps! now what is the processor for?? what does it do??

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

If you're talking about the Audison Bit One Processor, it does time alignment which pinpoints the signal from your speakers to a certain center point where you want to listen to it, it's an equalizer on steroids, and a crossover on steroids. It's soooooo much more than that even, but it's way over my head to explain. I know I'll have to have someone help me most likely to set the whole thing up. Tuning is not my thing! Thank god the DD1 and CC1 are out! That's gonna help big time!

If you're talking about the HDMI Distribution Amplifier, what it does is it takes an HDMI signal, and splits it up distributing it to a digital optical audio signal, an analog audio signal, and then also two HDMI output signals for video as well.

Did I get it all covered?

On a different note! I got a package today! I have to get some pics of some of the other stuff I've gotten in the last couple days too. But we'll start with this!

Looks small enough right! But boy is this thing weighty! What's in it you ask? Well lets take a look see!

IMG_20120210_134711.jpg

Ooooooo purrrrdddddyyyyyyy!!!! shinnnnnnyy!!!!

IMG_20120210_134852.jpg

Distribution and fuse block material is here! Now I need to get a couple things yet. I have a pretty steady hand and have been around tools all my life pretty much. But I think I need a drill press for this regardless. Just is a safer way to go. I'll also need to get a metal blade for my table saw. Once I've got those things, I'm good to go as far as tools go. I have the tap and die set, and I have some pretty damn good drill bits, although I may spend a little bit and get another good set cause these will need replacing once I'm done with this project. I'm also going to need to get some hardware. I'll need to get some acrylic cause all these blocks will be on top of acrylic panels. I'll also need some allen head screws and pins. NOt sure what the headless screws are called but that's what I mean by pins.

So that's about locked and loaded and read to go!

I'll get more pics of things that have come in the last couple weeks tonight as well. I'm also going to get the alpine deck out of my truck and start working on that harness for the bench test. SO lots going on and I'm going to press to get as much done as possible this weekend.

THANK GOD IT"S FRIDAY!!!!

dude! very nice! where do u get chunks of metal like that??? damn! i wanna do that! wish i had a drill press, and table saw..

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

Thanks guys. I got mine off ebay. Just did a search for aluminum stock and just searched around in there for what I needed.

As far as the head unit face plate, I'm going to see about the length and if there's an issue. If it is an issue, then it'll have to go under the tablet. If it's not I love it in the headliner. To me it's a little bunched in down there. Although, I will admit that it really can be done symmetrically by them both ending up at the edges of the tablet face.

We'll see this weekend what happens with it. I'm going to go out after dinner, steaks on the grill now, and get the head unit out of my truck. Then I'll start doing some stuff.

Archived