06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

let me get this straight all the rear coax speakers will be a mono signal.... not that big of a deal if it is a differential signal ( the difference of the left from right signal) like old surround sound processing

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

damn! haha good luck with the new vehicle! excited to see how it turns out

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So it's not on the new vehicle, I thought I'd wait on that cause my wife may not let me get custom with it. I'm not even sure what i'm getting yet. So I decided to swing my focus to starting to restore my truck. Got a build plan started, and a build thread as well. It'll be slow but it'll be.

I appreciate as always, everyone's support with this build. I know it was just starting to really get interesting, so you can understand my disappointment as well as I understand some of yours from what you've expressed. But don't fret, I'm not going anywhere. For those of you who were following me here, I'm posting up my newest build log for you to follow there as well, if you so desire.

Again, thank you all for your support in this build, I hope to see you over on the other side soon!

Scooter - aka Scott

1994 Ford F350 Crew Cab Build Log

• 2 months later...

Just sayin here, civic is gonna stay for a while looks like! I've got some ideas, and plans, but I don't wanna let anything out just yet. Most likely the tablet build will continue on, and some other things to go along with it that were already going on. Aside of that, I'll let it sit and see where I decide to go. But there will be a build, most likely a new build log, to get away from this 60 page monster, and we'll go from there.

It's on again! Just not yet, so continue to watch the truck build until you hear from me otherwise! When I make the new build log for this, I'll link it up here. The UBL will remain the same! Both of these, and the truck links are all in my signature! Thanks guys!

Ok so here it is. This is what I've decided on for my system setup:

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9886 - Located in the glove box, and the face located in the dash.

Auxiliary: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet and Samsung Nexus Galaxy Phone with wifi hotspot (both removable)

Monitors: Samsung 7" HDMI Monitors for the headrests.

Converter: Octava 2:1 HDMI Splitter Converter (single HDMI in, Dual HDMI out, Digital optical out, analog rca out)

Front Stage:

Soundstream Pro Audio SST-20 Carbon Fiber Bullet Tweets - One per door

Soundstream Pro Audio SM.654P 6.5" Mid Range - One per door

Soundstream Reference Reference RF-8W Mid Bass - One per door

Front Stage Power:

Soundstream Rubicon RUB 4.600 - Mid Range and Tweets

Soundstream Rubicon RUB 2.450 - Mid Bass

Rear Fill:

Soundstream Tarantula TC-6.5 comps - Custom door pods

Rear Fill Power:

Soundstream Rubicon RUB 4.500

Sub:

DC Audio Level 4 M2 12" D2 (Ported enclosure through the rear deck.)

Sub Power:

Soundstream Rubicon RUB 1.1600D (possible upgrade to a RUB1.2500D later on)

System Power:

Front Main: XS Power D5100

Rear Bank: 4 - XS Power XP950's (Temp will be a XS Power D6500)

Charger: XS Power Intellicharger HF1215 (hardwired into the system)

Alternator: Undecided, but probably a mechman 220 amp (down the line)

So that's about it for now. I've got the majority of this equipment, but some still needs to be bought, like the system power stuff, and the rear fill comps. That will all come later on down the line when I get some more money in. In the mean time, I've got to finish the temp build on the truck, get that playing, and then i'll be onto this one. I'll do some sketch ups and show you guys my design thoughts soon as well.

Gonna be fun!

I was going to do a new build log, and I may just do that, but for now I'll keep it here. Maybe! I DON'T KNOW!! If I change it, I'll link it up here.

Thanks guys and gals!

Ok so here's a design of the sub enclosure, amp rack, and battery rack all in one unit. Sort of! It's three different pieces, but will assemble as one piece.

First the amp rack

Here's the first drawer, which is the bottom drawer, which will house the Soundstream Rubicon 2.450 and 4.500

AmpRackDrawer1-1.jpg

back side

AmpRackDrawer1back.jpg

Second Drawer which will house the Soundstream Rubicon 1.1600D sub amp, and 4.600 amp

AmpRackDrawer2-1.jpg

Back

AmpRackDrawer2back.jpg

Then I put a top panel on it. This will allow it to be separate. The drawers will be removable and so when the pieces go together, I'll be able to screw them together to that top panel from inside the amp rack.

AmpRackwithtoppanel.jpg

AmpRackwithtoppanelback.jpg

I thought about doing space on the drawers for plexi and lights, but I didn't put that in here. I don't know if I'll do it or not.

Next up I made a spot for the battery rack. These will go between the amp rack drawers and the back of the seat. It's basically a box that all the batteries will sit in and the tops will be exposed. On either side I'll most likely put a distribution and fuse blocks and somewhere in there the charger, if I decide to build it in.

BatteryRack.jpg

Last up the sub enclosure. 1.82 cu ft after displacement, and tuned to approx 34hz. If you look under the bottom plate of the enclosure, you'll notice what appears as a second sheet of 3/4". You're not seeing things. This sheet will give me a little room to slide the box in on top of the amp rack, then I'll be able to move it around and get it secured on the top panel. From there, that bottom sheet will slide in to take up the extra room. It will secure to the enclosure from inside the enclosure, and then from the bottom through the amp rack. Got all that!?! lol

The piece you're looking down on will attach from the top of the rear deck from inside the cabin. It's basically just a trim piece.

SubEnclosure.jpg

Side view

SubEnclosureside.jpg

back view

SubEnclosureback.jpg

So there you have it. I'll have to seal it all up, and make trim pieces for the trunk side. Like I said I don't know if I'm doing windows or not. I thought also about doing a plexi front on the box that you could see from the trunk as well. So we'll see how it all plays out!

That's all for now!

Archived