DC Sound Lab

what do you guys think?

or you can just keep what you plan on getting, and upgrade amps down the road.....

I personally would go with the 5, even with that power.. just because ive been trying to blow mine, and they wont die... and i dont think the XLs would take this abuse...

go with the 5s, you wont regret it

Handle the abuse? Ive had my xl ran at .5 ohm on my aq 2200 for 5 months till I changed amps

lol you obviously dont know how i handle subs.....

and yes, the XLs would have blown by the abuse i put my 5s through, ive had 4s, XLs AND now 5s... XLs would not handle 3kw a piece for 8+ hours like i have put my 5s through

and you are also not factoring in voltage drop, or your impedance rise... if you had a 4x multiplier you could be sitting at 2 ohms, which that means that 2200 is doing what? 1200w?

lol, im putting 3kw a piece clamped to my 5s, and I have played them for 8+ hours a day for 2 days... ask anyone at 2010 slamology

I rose to .87 and saw about 2450 at my xl and played it all day never dropping below 13.4

I never said I doubted you putting 3k on a level 5 lol.

I know, im just saying If it was me, and im new, i would rather have a sub i know will take insane amounts of abuse... and not die.. lol i clipped the SHIT out of my 5s this year at slamology, and they still will not die...

it would be damn near bulletproof for that amp

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Hey Derrick, throw them bitches off a cliff. See if they fly away lol! Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I'm just saying lol I like the xl s better but I also slightly know what I'm doing so that's all I want.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

or you can just keep what you plan on getting, and upgrade amps down the road.....

I personally would go with the 5, even with that power.. just because ive been trying to blow mine, and they wont die... and i dont think the XLs would take this abuse...

Handle the abuse? Ive had my xl ran at .5 ohm on my aq 2200 for 5 months till I changed amps

and yes, the XLs would have blown by the abuse i put my 5s through, ive had 4s, XLs AND now 5s... XLs would not handle 3kw a piece for 8+ hours like i have put my 5s through

and you are also not factoring in voltage drop, or your impedance rise... if you had a 4x multiplier you could be sitting at 2 ohms, which that means that 2200 is doing what? 1200w?

lol, im putting 3kw a piece clamped to my 5s, and I have played them for 8+ hours a day for 2 days... ask anyone at 2010 slamology

seriously lol i dont remember you cooking anyof them demoing all day, both times you were at slam, even though i wasent there, i heard all bout it :)

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Yup that'd br it lol that's about a grand right there.

how much is big 3 upgrade? and would 2 yellow tops be ok? till i can get some xs or kinetiks batts. and i will get a new alt when it fails or i get even more money.

Lol I hope my subs will be as bullet proof as yours Derrick. But I agree with what your saying. It's like insurance on a sub. You'll have plenty of room to upgrade later on, you can put the Lv 5 through hell and back, and you won't have to worry about a dumbass friend cranking your system to the max because they want it louder.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

Yup that'd br it lol that's about a grand right there.

how much is big 3 upgrade? and would 2 yellow tops be ok? till i can get some xs or kinetiks batts. and i will get a new alt when it fails or i get even more money.

depending on where you get the wire, its prob around 30 bucks, you dont HAVE to do it in 1/0 but it helps a ton more...

and 2 yellowtops would be fine, and i would go with XS, ive seen the direct comparisons vs kinetiks, and I wish i had spent all my electrical on XS over the kinetiks i have...

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

seriously lol i dont remember you cooking anyof them demoing all day, both times you were at slam, even though i wasent there, i heard all bout it :)

I burnt a hole in one of the coils, and it STILL played..... like, it was FUCKED up, and it was still loud..

thats why i swear by lvl 5s... i know XLs get louder on the power up till the 3kw-4kw range, then the 5s take over.. but i do like the insurance sub :P

Team DC Audio

The Big 3 is only about $30 if you buy the wire and do it yourself. 7-10ft of 0awg wiring, some terminals and a bit of work and your done. I wouldn't run two Yellotops and a stock alternator to support the BC3500, but that would be alright with the Aq2200d. And don't count on your alternator failing, what kind of plan is that? You won't need to upgrade your stock alt for the Aq2200, but for the BC3500 me thinks you'll need an HO Alt, and them bitches Cost more money than an Asian Hooker in Chinatown!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.