superdave07 Posted June 29, 2011 Author Report Posted June 29, 2011 I doubt you could tell a difference in my lights next to a bmw, minus my car is a lot lower. i also dont have stock healights in any vehicle i own. they are all projector lights. I've never personally been harrased about it. Ive been pulled over for a few things and never once been told my HIDs are illegal. I didnt start this thread to prove any points or to start a fight about custom vehicles, pretty sure most people think people with stereos should get tickets, I believe its all in how you do things. Some bagged vehicles shouldnt be on the road, most show vehicles shouldnt be on the road. As long as you aren't driving like a fool, or burping your system in a neighborhood, i say do as you do. Most cities you dont even need headlights to drive, they are simply there so you can see the on coming traffic, and any headlight serves that purpose. My question was is in in fact a law? i spoke to a local officer a few minutes ago that pointed out the rules nicely. Thanks for everyone's input Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5 36 Ford * 51 Mercury looking for wire sponsor www.flyracing.com
LoudNLow931 Posted June 29, 2011 Report Posted June 29, 2011 Sorry Stephen your wrong, I had a perfect cut off line with my stock housings. Like I said some people don't take the time to adjust them. 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins 4 FT1s C1600.2 8 PWX 8s ONX2.100 Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener My Youtube Feedback
Mosin Posted June 29, 2011 Report Posted June 29, 2011 I aim my driver side HID up and to the left a little. Derp.
Hugh G. Rection Posted June 29, 2011 Report Posted June 29, 2011 depends on where you are. here in georgia, they are perfectly legal. Owner of BigAss Ports
HyperliteLF920 Posted June 29, 2011 Report Posted June 29, 2011 Not stock is illegal.... I mean what irks me is when people just stick HIDs into factory housings... I went the correct way and bought a good set of projectors and retrofitted my headlights.. Illegal, yes; but not as noticeable as someone who just slaps HIDs into their stock halogen light projector... And please people, aim your lights!!! 2003 Ford Taurus 15" Fi BL fully loaded T1500-1 amp Crescendo CCX525s in fronts Kenwoods in rear P400-4 amp
Mikesmith0890 Posted June 29, 2011 Report Posted June 29, 2011 I aim my driver side HID up and to the left a little. You're kidding right? AlphaDamp Sound Deadening CDL Mat - The best Vibration Damper Ever! I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England. Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Mosin Posted June 29, 2011 Report Posted June 29, 2011 I aim my driver side HID up and to the left a little. You're kidding right? No. When I put HID's in, the driver was pointing down and right so I put them up and left a little. Siwwwwy.. :) (I replaced lamp housing and adjusters were way off.) Derp.
Stephen Posted June 29, 2011 Report Posted June 29, 2011 Sorry Stephen your wrong, I had a perfect cut off line with my stock housings. Like I said some people don't take the time to adjust them. pictures or bullshit. you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
LoudNLow931 Posted June 29, 2011 Report Posted June 29, 2011 Sorry Stephen your wrong, I had a perfect cut off line with my stock housings. Like I said some people don't take the time to adjust them. pictures or bullshit. There no longer in my truck sense im selling it or i would take some pics 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins 4 FT1s C1600.2 8 PWX 8s ONX2.100 Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener My Youtube Feedback
uhoh_45 Posted June 29, 2011 Report Posted June 29, 2011 i was reading online somewhere that if you take a piece of white paper and if it doesn't shine white/clear through the paper its to bright /+10k making it purplish/blushish you should be able to get away with 6-8 k no problem R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.