Sonic Electronix

I will admit I did not read the thread rules I do apologize I did not mean any harm. I am just lost on my decision and wanted some help. It wont happen again.

Okay i have 3 sx 10's on a sundown 3000d right now hitting a 148 and i want to upgrade. I have a ex cab s10 and I cant decide between re-coning to 3 Sx 15's on a sundown 3000d, or 3 Fi Btl n2 15's on 2 sundown 3000d's. Would it be worth going big or would the Sx 15's be pretty loud? I want a 150+ and im just not sure if the Sx's will give that to me and make me as happy as id like to be. And this isnt for competing this is just for daily driving. The Sx setup will cost be about $1500 and the Fi setup will cost me about $2600-3000. Idk which to get? Some help would be great! BTW I don't mean to down either of the companies I just want some opinions

My electrical is upgraded 2 kinetic 1800's, a 220a alternator, 2 runs 0f 2/0 wire, and the BIG 3 upgrade.

My current box is 5 cubes after port tuned to 38hz double face plate 1.5'' subs forward port up ( port is 3'' wide 12'' long and 13'' deep) kinda weird port my box guy suggested it but that's only 36^2'' of port area isn't that too small?

Edited by EvanSpurlock

So basically you are asking what would be louder if i am reading this right, correct?

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

36sqin of port for a 5cube box? Damn son, that's only 7sqin per cube. Build a better box and you'll get that 150!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Your asking for the hammer.. IN before the lock :clapping: :clapping:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Duudddeeee, build a better box with more port. 16sqin per cube and you should have that 150. That's the best bang for your buck, only $100 in materials! Or shit, read Fecupes thread in the SPL section about testing!!! You'll get that 150 for sure if you test test test your current system.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Duudddeeee, build a better box with more port. 16sqin per cube and you should have that 150. That's the best bang for your buck, only $100 in materials! Or shit, read Fecupes thread in the SPL section about testing!!! You'll get that 150 for sure if you test test test your current system.

Ok thanks. Last thing what about batteries I don't think my 2 1800's is enough what do you suggest?

Edited by EvanSpurlock

What would be louder threads are still prohibited too OP.

I have a couple questions though that might help you figure out what it is you're looking for.

Where are you getting $2600-$3000 for the FI setup? What vehicle do you have and where is your installation going? The dimensions you gave seem to be slacking. Before you go on a shopping spree though, it would be cheaper to pay for a proper enclosure than to buy new gear. Maybe you can get a better listening experience.

Check out RAM-Designs for a quote on a new design.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

What would be louder threads are still prohibited too OP.

I have a couple questions though that might help you figure out what it is you're looking for.

Where are you getting $2600-$3000 for the FI setup? What vehicle do you have and where is your installation going? The dimensions you gave seem to be slacking. Before you go on a shopping spree though, it would be cheaper to pay for a proper enclosure than to buy new gear. Maybe you can get a better listening experience.

Check out RAM-Designs for a quote on a new design.

3 Fi Btl n2's loaded= $1200

Another Sundown 3000d (strapping) approx. $600 - $700 I have availability

new xs 3100 $400

new new box professionally built 12 cubes after port doubled walls 1.5'' thick approx $500

Total approx $2600 - $3000 (tax, shipping, etc.)

Understandably the new setup would yield higher output than my original system even with a new box so why not go big and have myself settled for the time being? Which dimensions the only ones I gave were from my original port area? The new box would be worlds different. Thanks for posting.