Abs Light on Jimmy/Blazer

(posted here so more ppl would see the thread)

Well i have a 00 Jimmy and dont ever drive it, its sits in the garage most of the time :cough: FOR SALE :cough:

942e5562.jpg

Has been running fine lately at least when i drive it, well til the other day.The damn abs light keeps coming on and off, starts up not on and then kick on

683901c1.jpg

When i hit the brakes as soon as i first start driving it feels like the abs is kicking in because it does the same thing that it would if it was snowing and it started to slide.....

Drove it today and started to smell the left rear brakes, they seem to be way hotter than the rest(smoking hot)

What could be the problem? from what i rear it could be the speed sensor but not sure. i did disconnect the battery for now to see if it will re-set it self and hopefully stop doing it.

Any help would appreciated, THANKS!

Your aftermarket wheels turn the light on just like it does to mine when I have stocks its off as soon as I put my rims back on it turns on..I would assume its the same for you

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

check your fluid level first.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

this happened to me but is was on a mustang. The abs motor cable had corrosion, i replace it and it fixed the problem. Thought just to throw it out there. The rims i think are yout issue. Try switching them with the stock rims.

Low speed ABS activation = wheel speed sensor failure. More than likely coming from the front wheels. Get it scanned and replace the bad one. I've done numerous. The rear brake smell is a siezed caliper. Get that fixed ASAP. Do both because the other one is on its way out.

I'm a former GM tech and if you need any walkthrough I can help.

06 Jeep GC 20" Boss 335's dropped 1.0in frt 1.1rear 30frt tint dbl 10rear. 2 tone custom leather. many more goodies.

Pioneer 6800UB

2 Deepcycle Exides

2 runs of 0ga, Big 3

//

DC Audio LVL4 15

Rockford Fosgate T1000bd

3.25cuft @ 35hz//

Alpine MRP240

Boston Acoustik Comps (Changing to CDT'S)

(Future - adding another LVL4 15 and a AQ2200. Powerbastard 220A

gm tech who drives a jeep. I bet they loved you at the dealership lol. my brother in law was the same way. said after all the shit he saw there was no way he's driving one.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Yeah our dealership got axed. I stuck it out and now I'm a Seinor Mazda Technican. Its alright, but I do miss the GM. Plus the fact I used to work on them and fix them steer me away from owning one. I'm set on a SRT 8 Jeep :)

06 Jeep GC 20" Boss 335's dropped 1.0in frt 1.1rear 30frt tint dbl 10rear. 2 tone custom leather. many more goodies.

Pioneer 6800UB

2 Deepcycle Exides

2 runs of 0ga, Big 3

//

DC Audio LVL4 15

Rockford Fosgate T1000bd

3.25cuft @ 35hz//

Alpine MRP240

Boston Acoustik Comps (Changing to CDT'S)

(Future - adding another LVL4 15 and a AQ2200. Powerbastard 220A

Your aftermarket wheels turn the light on just like it does to mine when I have stocks its off as soon as I put my rims back on it turns on..I would assume its the same for you

its never done it before til a wk or two ago, then i drove it yesterday and it still on

check your fluid level first.

i did they where good, ill double check them today

this happened to me but is was on a mustang. The abs motor cable had corrosion, i replace it and it fixed the problem. Thought just to throw it out there. The rims i think are yout issue. Try switching them with the stock rims.

hopefully its not the wheels

wheels > ABS

Low speed ABS activation = wheel speed sensor failure. More than likely coming from the front wheels. Get it scanned and replace the bad one. I've done numerous. The rear brake smell is a siezed caliper. Get that fixed ASAP. Do both because the other one is on its way out.

I'm a former GM tech and if you need any walkthrough I can help.

im thinking its gonna be that caliper, how would i get it scanned?(sensor) is it easy to replace and hopefully its not expensive

changing that caliper today, if its not too much i might do both.

THANKS FOR THE HELP SO FAR! :drinks:

do you have disks or drums in the back

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived