DC Sound Lab

Considering I am able to burp a 9k on 70 amps of fusing I would say 250 is way overkill. In my class I run 170 amps of fusing total split between 3 inputs. But then again my scores are hindered a few db from the restriction.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Considering I am able to burp a 9k on 70 amps of fusing I would say 250 is way overkill. In my class I run 170 amps of fusing total split between 3 inputs. But then again my scores are hindered a few db from the restriction.

theres a difference in slapping a burp for 3 seconds and doing a daily. 250amps per 0gauge run imo is great for daily.

What works for you and what works for someone else, or even whats the best thing to do is all different.

As you said, you are hindered a few dB. Perhaps the OP is not in any fuse limited class, does not want to hinder a few dBs, and does not want to pop a fuse every time he plays a song.

The BEST thing to do is to fuse for the power wire, not the amp. You would use a few lengths of 0awg for that amp and the fuses are meant to protect the car if that wire were to come loose and ground out.

At about 12ft, a 0awg wire is capable of carrying 300+ Amps of current, so your fuse should pop before it reached that point.

The key is to get the max rated fuse on that wire as to not restrict current flow but stay under the wire rating so that the fuse would still do it's job.

250A on each 0awg would be great.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB