Car looks sick man and loud. If you want to gain a few dbs, lose the carpet in the port and paint it. that carpet is killing you lol. But the kerf does look real nice man.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Car looks sick man and loud. If you want to gain a few dbs, lose the carpet in the port and paint it. that carpet is killing you lol. But the kerf does look real nice man.

Thanks man, the number isn't what I expected, but I don't plan on competing or anything. I keep the bass turned pretty down for every day listening, so it's all good for me

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

This came in the mail today :yahoo:

IMG_20110802_141401.jpg

IMG_20110802_141355.jpg

And of course it looks like I installed it a little lower than intended :shrug: But the piece looks a lot more rounded when you're looking up close and feeling it so I just guessed

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

The reason why it isn't metering well is because the woofer firing foward like that. There is no where for it to build pressure at and all that is made is just going right into that back of your seats. Here's what I would suggest doing. Go back to having your back seat and push the box all the way back against the hatch wall.

I would do a new box with 2.5 cubes after all displacement using 2 4" aeroports. Then fire the woofer straight up and the ports to the driver's side of the vehicle. I would position the woofer all the way on the passenger side of the box on top and the ports on the bottom of the driver's side firing into the rear quarter pannel. I would leave at least 4" from the opening of the ports to the side wall of the interior of the hatch so the port and have the air exit without obstruction. That will leave you room to put the amps and battery right in front of the box. Then when you need room you can just fold the seats down and you have all that plus the room left in front of the box. If I had to guess this will get you in the mid to maybe even high 140's without much problem. You may wanna try a 15" round woofer though since it's going to go in the same size box, but should work a little better due to more cone area. Something like a Nightshade V2 15 would be great!!!!

Your car is about the same size as my Focus ZX3 and I know the design that I just mentioned will work well. I did a single 15 that way except with an 8" port and 3 cubes total and did a 152.6 in my car off of 4200 watts. Now I run 4 sa12's the same way with woofer's up and ports to the driver's side. It does a 155.4 at 43hz powered with right around 8K watts. I honestly think that 3 cubes is too big for that woofer no matter what Kicker says it should be in. If it were me I may even try 2 cubes, but I'd start at 2.5 and shrink it down if need be.

Also last but definately not least I can haz sex to yo carz????? I want one so bad and when I decide to go and spend some of my money that my wife never lets me this is what I'm thinking about getting. Your car is bad ass brotha.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

• 3 months later...

dude sweet car and nice system and the db score is real nice :yahoo:

90 honda civic lx 4 door

sony cd head unit

mmats mp5 eq/crossover/line driver

35 farad hybred cap

ppi sedona 430ix on mids/highs

hifonics brutus brz1700.1d @2 ohm 1200w rms

front/jl audio evo 6.5 components