Second Skin Audio

Need Help Wit Port How To Make It Bigger And Will It Change My Tuning

the box is a total of 9.0 cubic from side to side its 38'' and from back to front its 26'' and i can remember off hand the height maybe 17'' and the box was built from the sounstream specs

Well if it's off the Soundstream site, then I'm sure thats not what they had in mind.

Tell ya what, take and make those 2 ports one. go the entire width of the box and keep it as tall as it is now. That will be what is called a slot port. then make the depth of the port almost as deep as the box, leave it about 6" from the front wall and see where that gets ya.

If it sounds good then leave it. If not, take the port out and cut an inch off and try it again. Keep doing this until you get the sound you want.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

thanks bro im happy wit it now i mean 144 on music aint to bad beings the hatch rattles like hell but im tearing it all apart in the winter and sound deaden it so i might just build another box just for the hell of it and try it out and see what happens but thanks bro for the help

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

4 soundstream t4-15s walled

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=cartunez2004

http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t...ht=LOUDCARTUNEZ

thanks bro im happy wit it now i mean 144 on music aint to bad beings the hatch rattles like hell but im tearing it all apart in the winter and sound deaden it so i might just build another box just for the hell of it and try it out and see what happens but thanks bro for the help

Boxes are easy and cheap to build.

Take your time and don't be afraid to ask questions along the way.

When you do have questions, make sure you give us as much info as possible so we can help you out.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

You cans top saying that becasue the person(s) who built that box dont know what they are talking about...

Subs up, port back is the loudest box set up you can have in a suv/hatchback vehicle without doing a wall.

no shit my box is like that now subs up port back and the guy who built the box has been building for over 15 years but when he built it i told it was for everyday music not burbs

"

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS

You cans top saying that becasue the person(s) who built that box dont know what they are talking about...

Subs up, port back is the loudest box set up you can have in a suv/hatchback vehicle without doing a wall.

no shit my box is like that now subs up port back and the guy who built the box has been building for over 15 years but when he built it i told it was for everyday music not burbs

"

Pardon my french, but he is a dumb ass if he has 15 years expeirence and cant even build a proper box..... You said it is a spl box, spl box = burps 99% of the time, now its for everyday music, which one is it, it really cant be both unless you are running removable ports like meade (one tuned for daily driving and one for burping).

Everyone that posted said your ports are too small, you still seem to disbelieve that. you do not have enough port area, getting your box ported right will make it so much louder and it will sound like a newer most powerful system. Right now your Im betting your box is almost playing like a sealed box because the air cannot move freely enough.

Yes sub up port back going to be the loudest which I said, and also which you have, but your ports are messing with your whole stereo over all. With the box being properly ported I bet you will be close to 148db if not louder. Now who in their right mind wouldnt want to make their stereo louder? and the best part is, all you need to do is build a proper box which is cheap to do most the time.

But you want a wall no, and honestly if this same guy build your wall, Im sure it wont be any louder because he cant even properly port a box...

You said your box is about 9 cubes, right? Well my new box that I am building next weekend hopefully is going to be about 5 after sub/port displacement. I am running FOUR 4 inch arrow ports that will be 15 inchs long to get the correct port volume. You should be almost double that in theory, and you aint even close to 1/4 that with this current box.

DCAO0334.jpg

People are trying to help you out, and you keep saying that this box is built to the specs of the speakers when everyone with any sense can cearly tell its not just by looking at the picture of the ports.

didnt mean pure spl box so get that right the manual said max output for the subs and aint no one sayin that there not listen to everyone so read before u commet i was saying thats what the specs say and i already talked to a few people on here and that did say that soundstream t4-15 specs are wierd wit ports so before u call someone a dump ass check shit out

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS

^^^werd! even if it is built to specs, the port needs to drastically larger....12-16" per cubic foot of box..thats a general rule of thumb for a daily driving box...areos can take that down some b/c they tend to be more efficient...hell, i bet ever with four 4" aeros in ur current box would be louder than the way its ported now...

rebuild with larger port.... /story

i likes me some audio stuff...

thanks bro yea i no they need to be bigger after talking to the guy from epic any ideas of how to make them bigger what size and all wit just modifing the box i got or just better off building another one exactly like that but bigger ports

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS