Sonic Electronix

Last time I checked they only did 3" Coils and up. I asked them about doing a 10" Type R and a 10" JL W3V3, but they said the coils were too small. :shrug:

There was a guy on here a couple of weeks ago selling coils that would fit the Type R. He had them listed as well as L7's and I think CVX's. Can't remember who it was.

It was Foreverbumpin :)

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Forevrbumpn on here does recones as well. I know he just started doing type r's which im pretty sure have a 2.5" coil and I'm pretty sure he can get custom coil sizes.

Not sure these are worth it to recone but if its something you want to try I say give it a shot and call it a learning experience. Worse comes to worse hang them on the wall in the garage for display purposes.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Forevrbumpn on here does recones as well. I know he just started doing type r's which im pretty sure have a 2.5" coil and I'm pretty sure he can get custom coil sizes.

Not sure these are worth it to recone but if its something you want to try I say give it a shot and call it a learning experience. Worse comes to worse hang them on the wall in the garage for display purposes.

Yeah i wanna c how cool/hard it is to do a recone. But can someone give me an estimate of what lookn to spendng here??

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

Can sen them to Piece Of Shit Industries (PSI, also known as fixmyspeaker)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

^^^ i lol'd

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

U mad?

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

Yeah i wanna c how cool/hard it is to do a recone. But can someone give me an estimate of what lookn to spendng here??

Couldn't tell ya.. Only MTX I've ever heard of getting re-coned is a 9500. If the Type R uses a 2.5" coil, I highly doubt those MTX's even use a 2" Coil.

If you disassembled it and measured the voice-coil gap, it'd be easier to find a re-cone.

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

U mad?

Not at all. I personally would never send any sub there if he would do it for free. He and a select group of people I'm not gonna name are some of the biggest piece of shits in the industry.

/opinion

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer