I just recently purchased a 6.0 too with the thoughts of doing something similar, did you reuse the existing computer and harness????or did you the one from th 6.0 you bought, I have heard that the 6.0 can drop right in.....what's ur compression at, did you buy heads or use the factory, LQ4 or LQ9.....?????

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

The harness and computer are not changed as long as you stay with a gen IV motor, ie 4.8, 5.3, 6.0. You will need a tuner to set up the computer for the new engine. I kept the heads off the 6.0 and had them worked over a little. A custom grind cam and I think it ended up 8.5:1 compression so I can run higher boost numbers. If you do the 6.0 and don't plan on boost you should run a much higher comp ratio so you can squeeze more power out of it. The stroker crank pushing it to a 6.7 makes a huge difference and it is still streetable, get a 2800-3200 stall converter and it will launch like a beast. I can walk away from new Z06 corvettes like they are geo prisms, it is always fun to punk out someone that thinks they are fast and see the look on their face when the get schooled by a full size SUV.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

quit your making me dream lol but still nice job 5.3l 2002 yukon is what i have right now just doing small things to squeeze mileage out of her

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I can walk away from new Z06 corvettes like they are geo prisms, it is always fun to punk out someone that thinks they are fast and see the look on their face when the get schooled by a full size SUV.[/sup][/size]

I need to see some vids, hahaha. Shits gotta be so fucking badass.

Updates with new paint/fixed engine/new TB/new dyno numbers??

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

I can walk away from new Z06 corvettes like they are geo prisms, it is always fun to punk out someone that thinks they are fast and see the look on their face when the get schooled by a full size SUV.[/sup][/size]

I need to see some vids, hahaha. Shits gotta be so fucking badass.

Updates with new paint/fixed engine/new TB/new dyno numbers??

I dropped the TB off with a fab shop to mock up an adapter for it. The TB has to be spaced out, angled up and rotated a few degrees to clear the supercharger on one side and the alternator on the other. It is prob ready just haven't gone by to check on it.

I'm still not producing as much boost as I want to but I think the TB is the restriction so when the new one gets installed I will take it over to LG Motorsports and have them put it on the Dyno.

As for the paint, I'm just waiting on my buddy to finish the Ford so he has room at the shop to start on this one. I also have to pick a new color, thinking about going two tone with Ford's Tuxedo Black and pick out a silver or gun metal for the top. I'm not in any kind of hurry with the paint, it doesn't look bad from 10 ft away and it doesn't get driven much.

Here it is yesterday when the snow storm started rolling in:

2012-12-25_14-17-43_719.jpg

Any video's will have to wait until it gets a little warmer out, I don't get much traction as it is and the icey weather isn't helping.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

do you stay in the mesquite area man?

I work in Garland, have you seen it around?

Sounds like things are rolling right along!

Nice to hear the ford Is getting buttoned up, from the build log/thread it sounded like a long road.

As for paint, it's all your call but I'm more the fan of a solid color, but it obvously Isint my decision in the slightest!

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Archived