Sundown Audio

amp and subs choice

i need help with deciding on what amps and subs to use. ive had a few brands listed and when i decided on what amps, most people bashed em. so now i need more choices, ive used mmats, rockford, and soundstream. wanna go in a different direction but its no big deal if i should stay with 1 of the 3 recently listed. heard sundown is pretty good but i dont know any dealers in my area(south florida). as far as subs im leaning towards the smd18(2). heard the tsns wear away pretty fast(as far as material) from constant abuse. thanks in advance

you can check out dc audio depending on when you are planning on doing your system. theyre a good company but theres a huge wait for the subs right now. theres ascendant audio, digital designs, sundown, fi, RE. it all just depends on your budget and what you want out of your system

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

This is ur first post how did you have some brands listed, and they got bashed? First thing you need to do is state a budget, then how much room ur able to work with. Also going big requires more than just amps and subs, especialy if ur want to run 2 SMDs. I suggest reading up and learning about what it takes to run a big system.

As far as Sundown get on thier website they have a list of dealers by state along with some authorized dealers online.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

im thinkin of using my 85 delta 88. i dont really feel like working on gettin a truck or suv as im needed more at home for personal reasons. im aware of what it takes as far as power goes. i do installations on my spare time jus not exposed to many big brands do to the fact the the flea markets sell pioneer, kicker, sony, jvc etc.... im thinking my budget on sub amps will be around about 2400(price i paid for my mmats 3000.1) and mids+high amps about 60-70% of that price. and the subs ive used/installed are cvx, solo x, juggernauts, pionner and some other b.s. i paid about 1800 for my 2 juggernaut 15's so somewhere in that range for subs, give or take a few 00 bucks.

as far as the brands bashed-dc audio, mmats, sound digital(the most). i heard a lot of positives from the 1st 2 brands but the only thing consistent with sound digital is "hope" kinda scary seei as thou their dealer is so far away and the gains have to be set so precisely as well as other things

Sounds like you got ripped the fuck off lol...

For $2400 I would get a DC12k, AQ20, AB1000.1, or something of the sort.

For mids and highs, I would look into the 4channel 1000w constant power amplifier Rockford Fosgate has (can't remember the name of it lol)

For $1800 you should be able to get ahold of some SMD 18s :)

And what kind of budget do you have set aside for electrical upgrades?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

i hadnt had a reputation down here at 1st but now i would pay about half for that stuff i just want a different approach to get a better sound u know?! what brand do you think would would best with the smd18's as far as subs? should i go all rockford or just go with the 800.4ad/1000.4ad for mids and a different brand for bass? as far as electric, that had to be done to get good power so im goin mechman for the alts and the d3100's i can get for about 320 each. knu konceptz for wiring(price and strand count cant be beat)

If you'd like to stick with Rockford Fosgate for subwoofer amplifiers, you can look into getting two 2500bdcps per sub, would come out to around $3200. If you have the electrical to support them, any of the amplifiers I've mentioned should work well with the SMD18s, they are all from reputable companies.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.