BTL 15 and 18 diff

You want something that looks big in your trunk? Lol...

Do the 15" or two 12"s

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

best of luck if you try the 18. you should be able to get close to the right box specs. check out the level 3 18 build log in my sig if you wanna see what it takes to get a box for an 18 in a maxima...although it sounds like your trunk allows for more space than mine did :drinks:

You want something that looks big in your trunk? Lol...

Do the 15" or two 12"s

Oh man, I sure sound like those annoying kids who bump in neighborhoods, huh?

But... Yeah, I guess for most people, a 15 is already pretty damn big.

best of luck if you try the 18. you should be able to get close to the right box specs. check out the level 3 18 build log in my sig if you wanna see what it takes to get a box for an 18 in a maxima...although it sounds like your trunk allows for more space than mine did :drinks:

Hmmmm... I REALLY like that box design. I might design something similar to that!

thanks...but just fyi...even with using all of the trunk like that, it sounds louder with the trunk open...im guessing its just choking the sub...but loud nonetheless

thanks...but just fyi...even with using all of the trunk like that, it sounds louder with the trunk open...im guessing its just choking the sub...but loud nonetheless

Maybe all sound energy is being absorbed by the trunk door itself..., seeing how it doesn't have much open air in the trunk.

Maybe all sound energy is being absorbed by the trunk door itself..., seeing how it doesn't have much open air in the trunk.

it could be... just watch out for that if you decide to do an 18...you might run into the same thing

there isnt really such a thing as the correct airspace, just the correct port area and tuning, for the airspace you want.an 18" in a box designed for a traditional 15" would be louder (as far as the new btls go) due to the thiele small specs. the 18" would have much louder highs, given the same airspace as the 15". the new BTLs are complete horse sh** according to the t/s parameters. i'd never buy one unless it was for an spl application. just my $0.02.

keep in mind, you're just asking about airspace. if both subs were in the same box (example 3ft^3) the 18 would require a different amount of port area (usually more) and a higher tuning (due to box size and a larger diaphragm).

ANYONE who says one size of sub needs one size of box is full of crap. every sub has a different set of t/s data, and can vary greatly. i've seen 15"s in sealed boxes that can have a 40hz -3dB point in 2ft^3, where some have a 70hz -3db point in the same airspace. before you think you know anything, take a hand in learning a bit about enclosure design, how enclosures work, and an understand of t/s specs.

but to answer your question, if you got the proper port specs for a new btl 18" in a box of that size, i would expect +3dB somewhere in the 50-70hz range.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

The BTL never modeled right anyways with its T/S parameters. And I hope you don't use T/S parameters given by manufacturers to design your boxes because probably half of them are off anyways.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Archived