1994 Camaro V8 Problems

damn.... after i would drive my car for a lil while,it would be fine but then when it would get warmed up it would shut off, which was because of my lt1's opti-spark which had collected some oil in it, replaced that and some gaskets and its GOOD! B)

but in ur case it could be a # of things, but i think it has to do with a fuel component for sure......

I would start by getting a Haynes manual from the parts store. They have a section in there that tells you how to check each sensor to see if it is good.

Try doing a good tune up, new o2 sensors, plugs and wires, and an oil change. I am not sure about 94 camaros, but I know that my LT1 car HAS to be scanned with a high end scanner, the paper clip method doesn't work, and the cheap scanners @ the autoparts stores don't work either, not on the early LT engines anyway.

alright i tried gettin it scanned at checker. there scanner wouldnt read. the guy said it normally worked with my year camaro but he thought that there might be something wrong with the scanner cause it had been acting up previosly. no one else around me has obd 1 scanners. the spark plugs, plug wires, distributor, and cap and rotor were all replaced about 2 months ago along with a new water pump since the old one was previously leakin onto the old distributing cuasing it to arch and misfire (at least thats what the shop told me) anyways the car smells like its running extremely rich. some times if i get on the gas real hard from a stop its has a delay and then it will take off fine. if i do this going up my drive way which is really slanted it will die most of the time. sometimes the problem gets so bad i cant even start it. it will crank over fire a few times then die right away. so what should my next step be???

Sounds to me like it needs a tuning job.

Are you sure that the right temperature plugs were put in? That alone can cause the motor to lean out or be too rich.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

• 1 month later...

alright well i replaced the fuel filter and it didnt do anything. and like stated above the pos scanners at checker wont read. so i have a good 10 hours tonight of free time. should i bother pulling the plugs and checking them or should i just wait till later on this week when i can get a good scanner on the car???? also idk if this will help any but i made a couple vids that ill post. they will be uploaded in a few.

Archived