1994 Camaro V8 Problems

ok my v8 camaro has been having some problems lately. basically when i start it it sounds like its cammed. if you get on the gas at all the problem gets worse. if you get on the gas all the way it goes up to about 1200 rpms starts sputtering and almost stall and after about 2 or 3 seconds it will backfire. after this happens the rpms drop really low, the check engine light comes on, and then the car runs normal until i shut it off again. anyone have any idea what the hell this could be??????

i had that same problem with my iroc-z and it ended up being the ecu. but it can come from many simple things like the maf sensor. run a code scanner on it and see what the check engine lite is showing

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

i had that same problem with my iroc-z and it ended up being the ecu. but it can come from many simple things like the maf sensor. run a code scanner on it and see what the check engine lite is showing

x2 thats what i was gonna say. run up to advance auto parts and tell them to scan it.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Could be any # of things. You need to hook it to a computer and see what trouble code its tripping. Its running like normal because when the check engine light comes on the engine management goes into closed loop and doesn't use the sensors to run.

Could be any # of things. You need to hook it to a computer and see what trouble code its tripping. Its running like normal because when the check engine light comes on the engine management goes into closed loop and doesn't use the sensors to run.

the closed loop thing your talking about makes sense cause sometimes the engine light comes on once it starts sputtering and stuff and fixes the problem before it backfires. well idk if this makes sense but if it goes into a closed loop like your saying i figured if i unpluged the m.a.f. sensor the check engine light would come on and shut off the sensor? well i tried this. the check engine light came on i drove around the block but still does the same thing as before

K i had exact same thing happen wit my civic. It was my map sensor. Its running rich.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

the closed loop thing your talking about makes sense cause sometimes the engine light comes on once it starts sputtering and stuff and fixes the problem before it backfires. well idk if this makes sense but if it goes into a closed loop like your saying i figured if i unpluged the m.a.f. sensor the check engine light would come on and shut off the sensor? well i tried this. the check engine light came on i drove around the block but still does the same thing as before

"closed loop" is when the O2 sensor reaches 600 degrees ferenheitt(spelling) before this time it relies on the look up tables of the PCm to determine how much fuel it uses.. once it reaches "closed loop" when the o2 sensor reaches 600 degrees it uses the o2 sensor to help determine the amount of fuel.

i would GUESS.. do you have throttle body injection. if so check if you have leaky injectors. my friends had this problem it would sound like it had a huge cam lope on it and we hooked a timing light upto sparkplug #1 and shone it on the TB injector and we could actually see it leaking through the timing light.. it was hella sweet.

New system"RF T5001BD 980watts RMS at one ohmSoundstream T5-12"kenwood 4 inch front doorpowerbass 5 inch back2.3 cube foot enclosure tuned to about 34hz

It could be any thing it needs to be scanned. It might be the fuel tappits but i doubt it because it will still miss a bit when the check engine light is on. It also will seem to clear out at higher rpm. If one would be stuck in the closed position you would have those symptoms i just said. Having one in the open position would cause the engine to flood and even could cause damage. This is probably a very simple fix. It needs scanned first tho.

Archived