2011 Chevy Tahoe, 10k watts, 4 Fi BTL 15s, 4 DC Power alts!

The amount of detail is great man keep it up... Normally people just slap up pictures, but you go the full nine (you saw mine I think we both talk too much haha). Those kits always require a little tweak here and there.

As far as the HP goes... When I put on 2 300a alts it was a pretty big draw (I have around 400hp before alts) and totally nukes MPG on mine so I can't even imagine what you guys with 4 are like driving around with AC on... :drinks: You don't buy an SUV and worry about gas mileage, but mine is fucking horrible... I mean BAD, but luckily get $.50 a mile for work which lessens the blow... ;)

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Yay another Eric the car guy fan!!!

And you lot can stop whining about petrol prices. My 1.8l hatchback gets 20mpg (for some reason) which costs me 25p per mile :(

Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!

Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/

New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards

:trippy: i want that alt setup, but all powdercoated black alts, one day :pardon:

they look so good under there!

i looked under my hood to and i do have that clamp around the ground wires, i put a 1/0 ground to the engine block but i just added to that, what excatly does that clamp do? measure when there is current draw or something?

also im starting to watch that 2007 tahoe engine removal videos :drinks:

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

:trippy: i want that alt setup, but all powdercoated black alts, one day :pardon:

they look so good under there!

i looked under my hood to and i do have that clamp around the ground wires, i put a 1/0 ground to the engine block but i just added to that, what excatly does that clamp do? measure when there is current draw or something?

also im starting to watch that 2007 tahoe engine removal videos :drinks:

The clamp measures how much current is passing through the battery. Based on that I believe it adjusts field current to the alt so that the alt is working JUST hard enough so that the battery doesn't have to provide power while the engine is on. (This is half speculation, half what I'm reading in the service manual.) You really should move around your wiring so all the grounding for your two batts is passing through that clamp.

That is insane how Eric is just hanging that engine from the cherry picker off of random hook points while moving it over the engine bay. One slip and game over.

yea i upgraded the engine ground with 1/0, but i just added to it, im def gunna reroute it through the clamp though. then ill connect the ground from the stock batt to the ground on the D3400 with 1/0, so there baiscally connected and run through the clamp

but yea i know right?! hes just yanking on that thing id be so nervous :trippy:

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Those Alts look sexy as hell. Keep up the good work

Been struggling with how high to make my box without significantly affecting visibility out the rear window, how high did you make yours? I'm thinking I don't want to go higher than 24".

Mines like 21-22. U can make it up to the back seat that way it u don't have trouble seeing threw the back. I don't even use my rear view mirror cause of the bass lol

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

Seeing out the back is over rated... :drink40:

CIMG1093.JPG

The amount of detail is great man keep it up... Normally people just slap up pictures, but you go the full nine (you saw mine I think we both talk too much haha). Those kits always require a little tweak here and there.

As far as the HP goes... When I put on 2 300a alts it was a pretty big draw (I have around 400hp before alts) and totally nukes MPG on mine so I can't even imagine what you guys with 4 are like driving around with AC on... :drinks: You don't buy an SUV and worry about gas mileage, but mine is fucking horrible... I mean BAD, but luckily get $.50 a mile for work which lessens the blow... ;)

Your log was definitely an inspiration, so was onebadmonte's, and of course Steve's with the crazy number of high-quality pictures he takes. Your car is a V6 right? I'm hoping I'll be in a better situation with a V8, but I'll know soon once I keep an eye on the MPG gauge. Luckily for long trips we use another car that can take abuse and gets decent mileage, this puppy is NOT going to Tahoe, Vegas, Napa or the beach, lol. I will also never be towing with this (even though it came with the tow package!)

It's an LS2 (6 liter). It's still quick, but you could definately feel the load when I added the alts. That along with the weight on a truck that gets like 18mpg stock took it down to like 10mpg ;)

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived