Second Skin Audio

How Is The SQ on These Subs?

SQ comes at a price, it all depends on what your willing to pay.

I'm doing it all for my brother, with his money. He has given me a budget od $1200 for a subwoofer, after I showed him the Jl 13W7. So technically, I can get any sub on the list, if it's worth it. However, I'm really liking the MTX 9500 12" right now, because of the normal impedance, as opposed to the JL, which is pretty much proprietary to them.

So, how good is the MTX 9500, or should I get the JL W7 and deal with the odd impedance?

You have SQ confused with CnL I believe...

I don't know what CnL means, but I am talking about the Quality of the Sound.

CnL= Clear and Loud. Just a subwoofer alone won't make an SQ install...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

You have SQ confused with CnL I believe...

I don't know what CnL means, but I am talking about the Quality of the Sound.

CnL= Clear and Loud. Just a subwoofer alone won't make an SQ install...

Well in that case, sure... I want "CnL" I want it to sound good, but it to also have a free back massage included. Also, this is going under the rear seats in an '08 Tacoma, so are the seats going to ruin the sound?

Under the rear seats? I'd try a couple of 8s as opposed to a 12 myself. 2 or 4 DD1508s would be killer...

A couple of 8s would be easier to work with in the space y'all have as opposed to a 12.

Back on topic... If I have you money and told you to get 1 of those subs, which would you get?

i would get the FI.. but not the Q.. i would get an n2 BTL

Your reasoning behind this?

Those are SPL centered subs...

No matter how many people are going to hate this, but here it goes.....

The JL Audio W7 is going to be the best sounded sub! There I said it.

I love my AA, FI, Sundown subs, but JL will take this one with ease if you are talking about the best sounding sub, not the loudest and can take more power, or not the one that is cheaper, but the one that is the cleanest sounding, Yup. JL W7...

Besides the only reason everyone hates on JL Audio is becasue all the idiots that run around saying their stereo is 180db from a pair of 10s and 1000 watts, and the only reason they claim that is due to some piss poor audio shop that cant slang product on FACT so they have to bullshit their customers to hell and back.

Oh and again, before someone goes and says anything about them being over priced and you can get so much more for so less....

The TC Sounds LMS Ultra is also a great sounding sub, and they cost what $1500+ and around $1000 just for a recone...

and we all know those are some badd ass great sounding power taking loud woofers!

So the whole price argument can not be used like someone said above someplace.

No matter how many people are going to hate this, but here it goes.....

The JL Audio W7 is going to be the best sounded sub! There I said it.

I love my AA, FI, Sundown subs, but JL will take this one with ease if you are talking about the best sounding sub, not the loudest and can take more power, or not the one that is cheaper, but the one that is the cleanest sounding, Yup. JL W7...

Besides the only reason everyone hates on JL Audio is becasue all the idiots that run around saying their stereo is 180db from a pair of 10s and 1000 watts, and the only reason they claim that is due to some piss poor audio shop that cant slang product on FACT so they have to bullshit their customers to hell and back.

But JL W7's are still plenty loud for a truck, right? The only thing I don't like about JL is how they do odd impedances so you have to use their amps...

Archived