Well tomorrow im going into sprint and getting the evo 3d not really for the 3d part but more for the insides being a bit better than everything else atm. I am currently on a dumbphone and am pretty excited to get my new smartphone. I will actually be able to use the internet i pay for monthly already. What were the first things you did to your android?

i previously wanted it to replace my droid x...didnt do to well in reviews as well as in my hand playing with it so i figure i'll wait for the galaxy s 2 or the driod bionic, both which are thinner and faster phones

i havent done anything to my epic, im going to keep it tilo my free upgrade then going for whatever is the fastest dual core android available with best variety of awesomeness, LOL my upgrade isnt til next february, so theres gonna be a few advances til then

i want...i have the hd7 and theres nothing to upgrade too with t-mobile :(

get the sensation. it's pretty much the same phone as the evo 3D, minus the 3D parts. 2.3.3 android OS. i got mine recently and LOVE IT. they're working on a root for it (along with the evo 3D), but even stock i love this phone. only reason i'd root it is to get rid of this bloatware shit on it.

but as for apps, some really handy ones (if they don't come already installed):

swype - some people like texting this way, some don't. i absolutely love texting this way. much easier than pecking on a screen for buttons you can't feel

glympse - you use your gps and can send your location to people and they can track you. good for long drives when people are waiting on you. they can just see where you're at instead.

advanced task killer - kills running apps periodically. helps my battery stay buffed up

shazam - because it's awesome

google maps - free turn by turn directions

those are some handy ones i use a lot. you'll find some others you like by exploring the google market. i have some games, photo editing apps, etc. just downloaded a DJ app earlier. i can scratch and mix my own MP3's. can't wait to play with that one haha

what are the pros and cons of rooting the phone? Through sprint i find that a good phone doesnt come along to often as verizon. My contract is up and i am pretty dead set on this 3D and its the best phone sprint has to date i beleave

rooting gives you root access to the apps on the phone. so you can delete the extra crap the phone comes with if you want such as (for me) t mobile app pack, t mobile tv, etc. also allows the installation of some other apps, as well as flashing roms which are more custom/customizable and can also make the phone much faster.

but it also voids warranty, so be careful if you decide to go that route. some phones i believe you can make it go back to factory, given that you are still able to use the phone should something happen to it. i could do that with my HD2, but that was on windows mobile

Edited by Torres