Second Skin Audio

Come vote for my next potential sub :)

From a SAZ 3000D single Driver (low loud daily)  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Help me decide on a woofer

• Fi BTL
    • Nightshade
    • DC
    • AA
    • Other (please specify)
    • DD Z95 (a bit ex and only 2000RMS)
    • AQ

I say build a box for one of your bl12s and back.the amp down a bit. I liked my bls more then the btls plus then you'll hava a back up

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

I voted other.

I think you should go with some SparkOMatic woofers or dr crankensteins!

100_1627.jpg

LOL. Those have my vote!

Don't forget funky pups fellas

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

I voted other.

I think you should go with some SparkOMatic woofers or dr crankensteins!

100_1627.jpg

LOL. Those have my vote!

Don't forget funky pups fellas

Thanks Guys for the humerous replies :)

I added the DD as well as the AQ. Will the DDD take 3k RMS and still sound good? Are they really worth that much? I am leaning towards NEO magnets as shipping to singapore is freaking ex.

Thanks.

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

You all know what I'd vote for lol

HOWEVER, either sub that you listed would be stable as a daily groundpounder if you set up the system correctly, design the enclosure correctly, and dont play full tilt for too long (well, there may be an exception or two)

When you said AA, I assume you meant Mayhem. When you said DC, Im not sure whether you means XL or Lvl 5. Can you please specify

whichever will handle close to 90 % power for atleast 45 min to and from work every day

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

New Build

Believe in the order

Not too hard to believe that DC is winning the vote right now, lol. Why not just keep it real and go with a Nightshade to match your 3000d? They go together oh so well, and I'd be happy to give you a decent box design if you wanted. I've ran Sundown just a tad over 3 years and couldn't be happier with Jake and the way he runs his empire. It's hard to even imagine using another brand amp/sub at this point in time since I see myself always anticipating what he's about to release next. Who needs another brand when the manufacturer you run is building new stuff all the time?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Not too hard to believe that DC is winning the vote right now, lol. Why not just keep it real and go with a Nightshade to match your 3000d? They go together oh so well, and I'd be happy to give you a decent box design if you wanted. I've ran Sundown just a tad over 3 years and couldn't be happier with Jake and the way he runs his empire. It's hard to even imagine using another brand amp/sub at this point in time since I see myself always anticipating what he's about to release next. Who needs another brand when the manufacturer you run is building new stuff all the time?

yeah but the nightshades are rated at 1.5k RMS and from what I know are comparable to loaded BL's which I have now, but according to bigjon they have more authority which is always welcome.

My goal is to go with a single sub, I remeasured and building a box into the wheel-well/boot will give me space for a 18 but I might have to with aero ports.

Whats with all the hating on the DC fanboys lol

Build Log>>>

New Build

Believe in the order