Second Skin Audio

Come vote for my next potential sub :)

From a SAZ 3000D single Driver (low loud daily)  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Help me decide on a woofer

• Fi BTL
    • Nightshade
    • DC
    • AA
    • Other (please specify)
    • DD Z95 (a bit ex and only 2000RMS)
    • AQ

Not too hard to believe that DC is winning the vote right now, lol. Why not just keep it real and go with a Nightshade to match your 3000d? They go together oh so well, and I'd be happy to give you a decent box design if you wanted. I've ran Sundown just a tad over 3 years and couldn't be happier with Jake and the way he runs his empire. It's hard to even imagine using another brand amp/sub at this point in time since I see myself always anticipating what he's about to release next. Who needs another brand when the manufacturer you run is building new stuff all the time?

lol DC fanboys getting shit but here we have someone with the username "nightshade" recommending... a nightshade. plus the sundown audio banner in the avatar. lol sorry man, but thats funny to me.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

You mentioned your BLs don't have alot of authority hitting the lows. I think your best option would be to build a new enclosure...

And btw OP, DD does not make the 95z series anymore. The 95SC has just as much (or a bit more, I don't remember) motor force as the 95z, and it's much cheaper...

Edited by Supercharged DCs

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

in the vote dc will probably win, even without knowing which sub...

Because we have more dc fanboys now.

i lol'd,

im a DC fanboy and voted BTL because there fucking sick. Specially the N3.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Not too hard to believe that DC is winning the vote right now, lol. Why not just keep it real and go with a Nightshade to match your 3000d? They go together oh so well, and I'd be happy to give you a decent box design if you wanted. I've ran Sundown just a tad over 3 years and couldn't be happier with Jake and the way he runs his empire. It's hard to even imagine using another brand amp/sub at this point in time since I see myself always anticipating what he's about to release next. Who needs another brand when the manufacturer you run is building new stuff all the time?

lol DC fanboys getting shit but here we have someone with the username "nightshade" recommending... a nightshade. plus the sundown audio banner in the avatar. lol sorry man, but thats funny to me.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

i lol'd,

The N3 wouldn't be ideal for a daily driver, though it does look sick :drinks:

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

i lol'd,

The N3 wouldn't be ideal for a daily driver, though it does look sick :drinks:

Thanks Bro supercharged DC fanboy :)

Do you have an idea on the pricing of that new DD? Only price sheet I could find were some older European forms which does not state this model/. IDK man my box was pretty good on following the specs...maybe specs does not suite my application.

The subs are in a boot though. You guys want me to post the pics of how I had it?>

I liked it at 32Hz but in my quest to get more authority I went ape-shit and tuned it to 40hz and used a singel woofer at 2ohms of the saz3k. It was a lot louder but I missed the low's and didnt get the results I was after...didnt sound as good either though I could live with it.

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

You mentioned your BLs don't have alot of authority hitting the lows. I think your best option would be to build a new enclosure...

And btw OP, DD does not make the 95z series anymore. The 95SC has just as much (or a bit more, I don't remember) motor force as the 95z, and it's much cheaper...

i wouldnt do a 95z a reg 95 would be loud ive got 2 but the rms on a z starts at 2000 rms steve at dd says if u dont have at least 6k on it thares no point in buying it cause the reg 95 is just as loud ddz woofers are made for a shit ton of power we got 10k now on one so my vote is for dd just not the 95z reg 95 be great

Lost prophets carclub

DD for life

Visit my youtube My link

What would u say is the trick to get that low end authority when building the box? Also are u saying a single 95 will be gappy of 3k rms?

i wouldnt do a 95z a reg 95 would be loud ive got 2 but the rms on a z starts at 2000 rms steve at dd says if u dont have at least 6k on it thares no point in buying it cause the reg 95 is just as loud ddz woofers are made for a shit ton of power we got 10k now on one so my vote is for dd just not the 95z reg 95 be great

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

It's cool bro, I just said it's not too hard to believe that DC is winning. They've been the forum bonner for a long time now and it's not a bad thing by any means. Of course I'm gonna suggest a Nightshade though, but also because he has a saz3000d. Those two are a nice match together.

Also Punky, a Nightshade will eat, chew up, and spit out a fully loaded BL. I'm not sure who gave you the idea that they were comparable to a Nightshade but that's not true at all. The Nightshades in a woofer swap test were louder then the last style loaded BTL's with the UFO mags.

If you wanted a sub to compare a Nightshade to output wise and even sound wise then I'd say it's SIMILAR to the RE Audio MT woofer. They do happen to sound a bit better then the MT's imo, but even output wise the Nightshades happen to test a few tenths louder. This is the NS V1 that I'm refering to, then if you wanna throw the NS V2 in the mix output is quite a bit better then the MT's, with even better sound then the NS V1's.

Anyone that's owned a Nightshade will all tell you the same thing, they are stout badass motherfuckers. They will play the lows when broken in and in the proper enclosure to do so. So don't attach that stereotype to them of not being able to get down. There's a reason that Jacob is sold out of the V2's right now, and is the only reason that I would think you may want to do another sub. Unless your willing to wait until he gets more built of course.

In the end it's up to you, and I'm just throwing my .02 out there since that's what the thread is about. Shit buy a couple of different subs that you listed try each one of them and then go with the one that you think performs the best for your setup. I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling the others here since each brand listed is a quality woofer that is sought after by many here. If you were close to me I'd even let you try out one of mine to see if you like it, and so you can also see for yourself that the Nightshade is as mean as those of us from Team Sundown say it is.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

It's cool bro, I just said it's not too hard to believe that DC is winning. They've been the forum bonner for a long time now and it's not a bad thing by any means. Of course I'm gonna suggest a Nightshade though, but also because he has a saz3000d. Those two are a nice match together.

Also Punky, a Nightshade will eat, chew up, and spit out a fully loaded BL. I'm not sure who gave you the idea that they were comparable to a Nightshade but that's not true at all. The Nightshades in a woofer swap test were louder then the last style loaded BTL's with the UFO mags.

If you wanted a sub to compare a Nightshade to output wise and even sound wise then I'd say it's SIMILAR to the RE Audio MT woofer. They do happen to sound a bit better then the MT's imo, but even output wise the Nightshades happen to test a few tenths louder. This is the NS V1 that I'm refering to, then if you wanna throw the NS V2 in the mix output is quite a bit better then the MT's, with even better sound then the NS V1's.

Anyone that's owned a Nightshade will all tell you the same thing, they are stout badass motherfuckers. They will play the lows when broken in and in the proper enclosure to do so. So don't attach that stereotype to them of not being able to get down. There's a reason that Jacob is sold out of the V2's right now, and is the only reason that I would think you may want to do another sub. Unless your willing to wait until he gets more built of course.

In the end it's up to you, and I'm just throwing my .02 out there since that's what the thread is about. Shit buy a couple of different subs that you listed try each one of them and then go with the one that you think performs the best for your setup. I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling the others here since each brand listed is a quality woofer that is sought after by many here. If you were close to me I'd even let you try out one of mine to see if you like it, and so you can also see for yourself that the Nightshade is as mean as those of us from Team Sundown say it is.

X2 nuff said

Lost prophets carclub

DD for life

Visit my youtube My link