Sundown Audio

Did I blow my amp..?

Alright so I'll give you guys a timeline of how everything went down.

To start off:

* It's a Rockford Fosgate P1000 1bd Amp

* and 2 Rockford Fosgate 10" P3 Dual 4ohm Subs

* They are wired parallel

1. On Monday, I took one of the P3's out that needed to be repaired.

2. After taking it out, I still had one P3 that was hooked up to the amp.

3. Me being a dumbass, I decide to start turning up the volume.

4. While listening, I get a phone call.

5. I pause the song from my iPod and answer the phone.

6. I get done on the phone and I turn the music on but now the sub has a faint sound to it and eventually, it goes off.

7. I get into my trunk and see that the amp's "power" blue led light is flashing.

8. I called Rockford today and they said there is no indicator for a flashing power light.

9. The other sub is now back and wired the same exact way it was before.

10. The amp will NOT power on at all...

11. My voltage is fine and I have no idea what's going on..

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener

use a dmm and check voltage of the remote turn on and resistance of the coils on each sub.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

disconnect remote line and use a short piece of remote line from + on amp to remote input (jumper) don't play nothing and before you do it disconnect RCA's too. We just trying to see if the amp powers on.

Edited by crunkjuice1

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

it sounds 100% like what i had with my old car and my co-workers truck. It is usually associated with a bad ground or power connection. For both vehicles ive worked on, i just had to relocate the ground to a harder surface such as a strut tower bolt or the frame if you can get to it. If its not that then make sure you do not have any paint on the ground area.

If THAT doesnt help then check all your positive wire connections. I would give a little tug on the connections and see if they are loose at all. for example, pull the ring terminal that comes off the battery, then pull both sides of the fuse block, then check the wire on your amp. Ive also seen it where you can have a single strand of wire is not shorting out such as your positive terminal touching the ground.

Either way i will guarantee you that it is either high resistance in the power wire or a loose connection somewhere.

Ive had this happen so many times so if you need any help with it hit me up and ill get back to you asap.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress