Sundown Audio

Fun little "SQ" project I'm starting !

I made this reply over on CACO -- figured I'd re-post it with good info :

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/1454648-post75.html

----------

Yep! Expected MAP price is $600 even for the 12" model, which I assume will be the most popular.

The NS v.2 motor already has two shorting rings as well -- so it has a triple shorting design now in NS-Q form.

Underhung was for a more linear BL -- so basically what you said more technically :)

The spider was made softer as the under-hung coils is SO light it had to be to get the desired specifications -- in my testing the single NS style spider also has no issue handling my 1kw amp.

Another cool thing about under-hung is that they drop off drastically after their linear boundaries in BL. So the sub is basically incapable of over-driving the suspension.

It actually works out phenomenally well with the ultra-tall top plate on the NS v.2 -- the FEA simulation shows a KILLER BL "curve" -- there is literally almost no BL shift whatsoever for almost 15mm one-way (where most of your SQ listening will happen).

NS-Q_BL_Curve.jpg

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg